Light weight scope for 6-800 yards

I have the VX3 4.5-14 and the Swaro V5 3.5-18. The Swaro is much better glass than the Leupold but it costs 4x as much too. In good light, the Leupold works well. In low light it gets pretty grainy. The Swaro is better in low light but not amazing. You will need to go to a bigger objective to let in more light. Both the Leupold and Swaro are a bit small.

A late arrival to my collection is a Burris Veracity 3-15 with 50 mm objective. Glass is closer to the Leupold than the Swaro but the Burris does have FFP and seems a bit better than the other two in low light. I haven't had the chance to really ring it out yet to see how I like it for long distance stuff yet.

The Leupold has proven to be a durable scope and has taken a lot of abuse since I got it in 1995, yet retained zero or minimal change. I had it on a Remington M700 300 WM until I got the Swaro in 2015.

I took a hard fall on the side of a mountain elk hunting 2 years ago and landed on my rifle with the Swaro. I checked zero and it was off a bit, but if I would have tried a 6-800 yd shot, it may have been enough to miss or make a bad shot. Again, it was my full body weight with pack and heavy clothing (260 lbs or so) that landed on it on the rocks. The fact it didn't break and only got knocked off about 1.5 moa was pretty amazing to me. I rezeroed it at camp and it has held zero since.

The Burris hasn't been through any rough handling to determine durability yet. It is on a Remington M700 ACC-SD in 308.

Going on a Dall Sheep hunt looking for a good scope to put on my 6.5x284 Norma mountain rifle. There are so many great scopes today not sure what to get? I am 55 years old so the eyes are not that great anymore. Don't believe I need a real high power model. Thinking like a 3x18 I have a Trijicon 5-20x50 on my Tikka 300WSM I could use or the wife's Trijicon 2.5-12x56.Never heat anyone talk about these do y'all not like them? Was thinking maybe Leupold VX6HD 3-18x 50 or? Willing to spend the money for a great scope if they really are better than my Trijicon. My guide said a shot more than 400 yards is uncommon.

Leupold VX111 I 4.5-14 x 40 CDS in Talley Rings ! jmo RJ

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.