light weight B&C stock options

buckyne

I have a rem 300 winmag that I bought for elk hunting. Has the cheap sps stock on it that I am looking to upgrade. I am trying to figure out which B&C stock to put on it. Want something lightweight but with the bedding block in it. Am not interested in a heavy tactical style stock as I will be hiking at altitude with this rig.

The B&C website lists several options. The different alaskan versions have me confused though. Several of them reference magnum barrel channels. Does anyone have any experience with the BDL Ti model or the alaskan 700 BDL mountain rifle models? How close to drop in are they?

Thanks for any feedback

I have the B&C Alaskan II on my 338 RUM model 700 XCRII. It's a great lightweight stock that fits standard sporter contours. I went with the Alaskan II over the Ti model because I also wanted the bedding block, and it still weighs the same as that cheap plastic factory stock.
I've owned a medalist stock in the past and it was a pain to carry around, I would recommend the Alaskan to anyone wanting a lightweight long range setup. I shoot out to 1100 yards with this setup and I'm amazed at the accuracy I'm getting from a 9 lb package.
Also installation only requires some minor sanding in a few areas of the receiver, it took me about 20 minutes for the install.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.