levels for scopes good or better

azrumshooter

are there any better or not so great levels for Leopold scopes , will the ones sold on amazon work just as good as any other ?

I have a friend who mounted a couple on his rifles but has not been able to really test them. Honestly they look ok as long as they hold together not much to go wrong. I bought a Vortex level and it would not fit a Vortex scope. In the end I had to find loger screws to get it to work a real pain in the neck.

The Holland levels are a bit more streamlined and don't catch on things. They are a bit pricier than the Vortex but from my eye more convenient. I've never seen an Amazon level, only the Holland, Vortex and Nightforce. They aren't engineering marvels, so if it works use it regardless of price as long as it mounts sturdily. Levels reduce "cant" which will definitely affect accuracy.

The Holland levels are a bit more streamlined and don't catch on things. They are a bit pricier than the Vortex but from my eye more convenient. I've never seen an Amazon level, only the Holland, Vortex and Nightforce. They aren't engineering marvels, so if it works use it regardless of price as long as it mounts sturdily. Levels reduce "cant" which will definitely affect accuracy.
+1 For Holland

I have a friend who mounted a couple on his rifles but has not been able to really test them. Honestly they look ok as long as they hold together not much to go wrong. I bought a Vortex level and it would not fit a Vortex scope. In the end I had to find loger screws to get it to work a real pain in the neck.
Hey thank you for the heads up !!!

Yes sir I agree I'll go with that

I used the vortex level on my vortex scope, worked great and less expensive than most. Why pay so much for some fluid and a bubble. My vortex level now sits on my nightforce and it still works great.

Attachments

• 20170126_203300.jpg
    20170126_203300.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 176
+1 on the Vortex. I have one mounted so the bubble is on the left side of my scope. Since I typically shoot with both eyes open, it is easy to check the level and then re-focus on my reticle without moving my head. When you get it mounted, take some time to dry fire while practicing with the level.

Maybe I'm the dunce in the class. I spend as little as possible to get the job done. Mine cost about $10. I make the level level with the reticle and then mount it on the rifle. Easier that way.

I used the vortex level on my vortex scope, worked great and less expensive than most. Why pay so much for some fluid and a bubble. My vortex level now sits on my nightforce and it still works great.
rite on nice rig !! thank you

I thought I would give one of the cheap Amazon levels a try once... I'm not sure what grade of aluminum it was made of but it was quite soft. Seemed more like 5052 instead of something decent like 6061 or 7075. Who knows it could have been 6061 but at a T4 temper. Either way I wouldn't use one again.

I should mention the Vortex level I had trouble with was the cheaper model. I have one of the more expensive ones and it worked great and was more compact. How ever the cheaper one looks more rugged and gives you a bigger level to look at.