Leupold scope question>>>

Huntaholic

What is the story behind the Leupold 8.5 x 25x 40 scope? All I can find listed anywhere is for the 50mm objective. Did they quit making the 40mm version? I think I can work out a trade for a 40mm version, I just would like to have some opinions on it before I trade! I have not seen it but it is supposed to be NIB. How old is this scope?
I hate to post this is two forumsm but I really need to know what I am getting here. If this is a good scope, I need to make this deal today if possible!

Darryl Cassel

Hunt

The 40mm is not near as bright as the 50mm and I do believe they quit making the 8 1/2X to 25X 40mm.

If the price was right it may be a good scope for you and the warrenty would be good for life.

The 50mm model is around $650.00 to $700.00

Later
DC

Huntaholic

Ive got 6.5x20 x 40 leupold on a couple of my guns already. This one will be on a sendero in 300 ultra mag and only used for long range targets and hunting. It wil not be a "carry" gun. The guy is wanting $550 for it in cash and trade. It is NIB, in your opinion, is it worth that, or should I hold out for one of the 50mm tubes?

G

$550 is what they sold for when they were new. I believe they discontinued them last year. $500 would be tops for me, IF I wanted the scope. I would hold out for a LR 30mm tube model, as they can be had for $500-575 used in great shape. There are everal 6.5-20x50 LRT models for sale on different boards out there right now for under $625...Don't restrict yourself to the 8.5-25, as the 6.5-20 has plenty of magnification for big game hunting... http://www.longrangehunting.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=9&t=000415
Here's on for $580--its silver, but a great deal, nonetheless..

[ 01-26-2003: Message edited by: Chris Jamison ]

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce