Leupold scope question

oldfamily

Was wondering what work can be done to a VXIII 4.5 x 14 x 40ao scope. Was wondering what can leupold do to this type scope as far as reticle change, turrets ect. Thanks oldfamily

If you print Leupold's custom shop order form, there is a chart showing the various models and the options that can be applied to them. Just find your scope model and follow down the chart to see what options you can get and how much they'll cost you. Add $15 for return shipping.

Took them about 3 weeks to turn around a Vari-X III for me - installed a TMR reticle and M1 knobs.

Have a look:
http://www.leupold.com/resources/custom_shop/Leupold_Custom_Shop_Order_Form.pdf

Dont mean to hijack the thread, but I was wanting to know about the TMR reticle a little bit more. I would like to put that reticle in my MK4 4.5-14. Right now it has a duplex and its just to thick for shooting long range on coyotes and deer. I dont like it anymore. I looked through a MK4 with the TMR reticle and noticed the hash marks and the actual POA are quite small. Like a fine duplex size. I have the M1 knobs already so was wondering if it would be counterproductive to get the TMR reticle??? I dont know how to use a mil dot reticle as I sit now. I guess I could just see if they'll put a fine duplex in there.

25-06,

I don't know if counterproductive would be the right word. I don't think that it can hurt to know both rectical hold over and clicking, or to have both at your disposal.

I also don't think that you'd have any problem figuring the recticle hold over game out.

However, the TMR lines are in mil's, while your scope clicks are in MOA, so it wouldn't be quite as easy as, say, a NP-R2 where your holdover lines are in MOA as well, and one MOA drop chart can be applied either to your knobs or recticle.

Also, the TMR is a 200 buck conversion, while a "Standard Recticle", which may include the fine duplex, is $55.

I'd say give the custom shop a call and see what they can do, I was happy with the turrets they put on for me.

Good luck,
Carl

Hey 25-06, if it were me i'd just put the wide duplex on, and establish a "tactical" windage system with it, unless you're trying to go way out there with reticle windage reference in combination with turret comeups. I don't know what the subtension is for the wide duplex at 14X for that scope, but it's probably enuf for ranges out to 500-600 yds. for most .4 and up BC bullets. IMO many plex-type reticles r perfectly suited for intermediate-range windage reference.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.