Leupold Mark5HD Rings

NightForce doesn't make 35mm rings BTW & Seekins didn't at the original time of this post last year,....however Hawkins now seems to manufacture the product we needed last year....

Absolutely serious! I didn't mean to start anything, just trying to get a point across. Full disclosure, I didn't look at a single date anything was posted. 😬 Have a good day fellas!

I really like the Hawkins with my new Mark 5.

mark5.jpg

Are those low rings? I know Hawkins lows are the standard .885, but that looks like a pretty healthy gap between the scope and barrel.

Yes those are lows. The scope body is very close to the rail. The 35mm tube doesn't make it easy to mount it low. I think I could have gotten it a tad lower using Warne Mountain Tech lows on the factory bases but the height it is now is fine with me.

These are the lowest rings at 0.82" they may be too close for clearance of the center turret housing to rail clearance, I don't know.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.