Leupold Mark5HD Rings

ElkSurgeon

Attachments

ElkSurgeon

I just got a new phone & accidentally posted pictures that were not intended to post. Please do not use that load data for a reference. But yeah the MPA installed is awesome & I love it on the Mark5.

HawkinsPrecision

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor

BWB

Anything that is a "One Piece Mount" shouldn't even come up in discussion for light weight mounting options. There is so much extra material on a mount that isn't needed. If you are truly trying to pickup the lightest most well put together rings, look at the high end manufacturers of 2 piece ring sets. Hawkins Precision, Seekins, NightForce all have very good "light" rings. Hawkins coming in at 3.8 oz and having a bubble level is pretty legit.

BWB

About 1 x 3 cm of aluminum is the extra material. BS! If you can pick up a rifle blindfolded and tell which rifle has two rings or a one piece, I will be amazed. Otherwise, can your criticism, or read the posts. Samson, who started the post asked about the one piece MPA mount.
So...you're saying there is no weight difference between a 1 piece mount and a set of rings? More material means more weight, he wants light weight...a mount is going to weigh more, its not criticism, its reality.

BWB

ReRead the posts. Nowhere do I say there is no weight difference, I’m saying you could not tell the difference in a scoped Mtn Rifle with an alum one piece mount vs two aluminum rings. And Samson asked about it. It is criticism to ignore what Samson asked for and to say it should not come up.
A scale can. When a person is counting oz on a build EVERYTHING matters. If you are concerned about weight in the first place, why is a one piece mount even coming up. If so, weight isnt your question.

ElkSurgeon

Anything that is a "One Piece Mount" shouldn't even come up in discussion for light weight mounting options. There is so much extra material on a mount that isn't needed. If you are truly trying to pickup the lightest most well put together rings, look at the high end manufacturers of 2 piece ring sets. Hawkins Precision, Seekins, NightForce all have very good "light" rings. Hawkins coming in at 3.8 oz and having a bubble level is pretty legit.
The MPA is a touch over 6oz for a 1 piece base & ring, so roughly 3oz difference you are taking about. I guess I don’t see the point you are trying to make on choosing the best setup for the Mark5?

BWB

What's a one piece base and ring? People building lightweight rifles are counting oz. Since the 3.6-18 might be the lightest in its range. So the OP asking for "lightweight rings" in his FIRST post, I assumed he wanted to go LIGHT. You peeps are reading too far into this. Rings are lighter than a one piece mount, that's it...end of story.

ElkSurgeon

What's a one piece base and ring? People building lightweight rifles are counting oz. Since the 3.6-18 might be the lightest in its range. So the OP asking for "lightweight rings" in his FIRST post, I assumed he wanted to go LIGHT. You peeps are reading too far into this. Rings are lighter than a one piece mount, that's it...end of story.
LoL, ...I would love to shake your hand in person & I’m sure we could be friends. The OP asked his question last year in May, another member asked about a 1piece mount for the Mark5 & you chimed in bro about your knowledge of lightweight essentials.....a one piece base & ring was my reference to the MPA that i own

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce