Leupold Mark5HD Rings

samson

What rings are you guys using on the Mark 5 (3.5-18)? I'm looking for light weight. Thanks for the help.

What rings are you guys using on the Mark 5 (3.5-18)? I'm looking for light weight. Thanks for the help.

Only light weight option I've been able to find are the 35mm Warne Mountain Tech's. I just weighed a set of Lows I have on hand here in anticipation of getting my 3.5-18 Mark 5 and they tipped the scale at 3.7 oz.'s for the set.

Thanks. Anybody try the MPA Mount?
I'm a long time lurker of the forum and made an account just to give my feedback on the MPA mount.
I had a hard time looking for a mount for my mark 5 as well, I wanted a one peice mount for it and I found that the MPA was one of the best decisions I could have made. It's very robust and lighter than many other options, it's easily taken off for maintenance on my rifle. It's extremely repeatable, I only see about a 1/4 MOA shift when I put it back in place.
In my opinion, it's one of the best mounts for under 350$. Not as tough as a spuhr, but for back country hunting or Midwest hunting, it will be more than enough.
I'll weigh mine when I get home.

I'm a long time lurker of the forum and made an account just to give my feedback on the MPA mount.
I had a hard time looking for a mount for my mark 5 as well, I wanted a one peice mount for it and I found that the MPA was one of the best decisions I could have made. It's very robust and lighter than many other options, it's easily taken off for maintenance on my rifle. It's extremely repeatable, I only see about a 1/4 MOA shift when I put it back in place.
In my opinion, it's one of the best mounts for under 350$. Not as tough as a spuhr, but for back country hunting or Midwest hunting, it will be more than enough.

That's good news. I love the look but thought they may be heavy. I'm anxious to hear what it weighs. Someone said maybe 7oz

In my opinion, it's the way to go
I wish they were a bit lower, I have about 3/8 clearance between the bottom of the objective bell and my factory ctr barrel.

I have a Christensen Arms carbon barrel. Hopefully that won't be too much gap

I'm using ARC M-10 rings on my tikka with the MK5 3.6-18 scope. I think they are the best scope ring available. I've used Warne mountain techs and they are nice as well but are not as simple to mount the scope in as the M10 rings.

Curios on which mk5hd you have and what height mpa mount? I just ordered a 7-35x56 and would like to keep it as low as possible.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.