Mark5HD on Tikka T3X

Mxracer532

I'm ordering either the 3.6-18x44 or the 5-25x56. I have a 20moa base and .95 Seekins precision rings. Anyone know if the 56 will fit? I really don't want to have to get higher rings.

Last edited:
This is with seekins lows and a 34mm ATACR. I believe the mark v is a 35mm tube so it may be tight if work at all. I'd go with the 4m objective.

44C596EF-EEF9-4C20-8686-767E6D0173D8.jpeg

I'm ordering either the 3.6-18x44 or the 5-25x56. I have a 20moa base and .95 Seekins precision rings. Anyone know if the 56 will fit? I really don't want to have to get higher rings.
My 56mm mk5 is mounted in Leupold rings that measure 1.09" from rail to center of the scope.
They're way high on my setup, I could come down over .25".
It's going to depend on how high your base is

My 56mm mk5 is mounted in Leupold rings that measure 1.09" from rail to center of the scope.
They're way high on my setup, I could come down over .25".
It's going to depend on how high your base is
Also on a T3X? Im not sure how high my base is but it's on a 20moa rail. I could swap my rail for a 0 but really want to be able to stretch it waaay out there. But with 120moa of adjustment I'm not sure how far I could get. 162-180 ELDM's 7mm

I see is this as a hunting pack rifle,if it is I would go smaller.If terrain is hard at all.I do most of my shooting in 12-18x range.I do have the 5x its real big

56mm is 12mm or ~ .5" larger diameter than the 44mm. For a hunting rifle and the 20MOA slope, IMO, 44mm.

I'm considering swapping out the 20mos base for a 0moa base and running the 5-25x56 since it has 20moa more internal adjustment than the 3.6-18.
I saw that info above. There is more MOA adjustments with the 56mm, but a 44mm should be adequate. Have you checked out the trajectory charts for the 7mm SAUM and your bullet weights. Check your maximum range for yourself and the animal. It seems your leaning to the 56mm. If you end up not liking it, sell it to a steel shooter.

I saw that info above. There is more MOA adjustments with the 56mm, but a 44mm should be adequate. Have you checked out the trajectory charts for the 7mm SAUM and your bullet weights. Check your maximum range for yourself and the animal. It seems your leaning to the 56mm. If you end up not liking it, sell it to a steel shooter.
Kinda am, but my rifle will double as a long range steel shooting rig. (No PRS or any comp stuff just for fun)
I have not looked into the trajectory of the SAUM all that much at all.
These are probably the mounts you should look at if you are going with the 3.6-18x44 :https://www.badgerordnance.com/scope-rings/35-mm-scope-ring-low-1-00.html

You could always ring badger ordnance and ask them to confirm if they will be suitable for your set up with your barrel thickness and scope.
My current rings Seekins .95's will easily fit the 3.6-18.

I was not sure if seekins was making 35 mm rings, but if they do, go with them, they are excellent as well. I have them on my tikka Varmint with a bushnell xrs 4.5-30x56 . I still have enough clearance for some scope cover between the barrel and objective.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.