Tikka T3X scope mounts

dkwellman

LRH Team Member
I have an new Tikka T3X Timber in 7 mag and a Zeiss V4 56mm objective. Advise on what type mount? Base and rings or just rings like the ones from Warne? I don't want to scare the receiver with rings that clamp right to the grooves but that might not be problem. No idea. Thanks for any advise.

B-LOT Banga

LRH Team Member
You will get a hundred different combinations. I like the one piece bases from mountain tatical and medium Seekins rings for an objective that size. A Leupold back country or Nightforce ultralight might save you and ounce or two if that’s your goal.

dkwellman

LRH Team Member
Thanks. I saw one brand that had a recoil lug made to fit the hole on the Tikka receiver.

LuvDog

I went with area419 base and then seekins/vortex rings. I'm not a huge fan of the one piece mounts. No real reason, just my preference

The area419 base comes with the recoil lug

General RE LEE

I prefer a picatinny rail for the base and quality rings. It allows for more adjustment of the scope placement for optimal eye relief. I had DNZs on all my Tikkas and sold them off.

I have 20 MOA Contessa picatinny bases on 2 Tikkas and Leupold Mark 4 rings.

morgaj1

LRH Team Member
I've had a total of 4 Tikkas (7mm-08, 308, 30-06 and 300 Win Mag) and used DNZ on all of them. Never had an issue with recoil or working loose. My 300WM kicks like a mule and has never moved a bit.

L.Sherm

LRH Team Member
Theres 2 reasons I like picatinny rails, the shorter scope tube these days makes eye relief adjustment a breeze and if you bed the rail to the action it cures any misaligned that the mounting might might have to the action.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.