Leupold customer service

The Oregonian

I had a pair of BX2 Cascadia binos that I took on a Kansas deer hunt a few weeks ago. I was sitting in a pop-up blind in a fold up canvas chair with my lap maybe 2 feet off the ground. The binos fell off my lap and landed on the eyepiece, which jammed. Trying to get it to rotate out for the proper eye relief caused the eyepiece to break.

I was surprised that the short fall caused the eyepiece to jam shut, and equally surprised that trying to pull it free caused them to break. But regardless, I called Leupold bc I needed a replacement pair quickly for another hunt. They fedexed a replacement pair to the outfitter in Oklahoma...all I was going to have to do was bring the old binos to Leupold (I live maybe 10 mins from HQ) when I got back home and everything would be good to go.

The address was correct but somehow the binos went to Kentucky and ended up returned to sender. I hunted with the old pair, which were essentially now a monocular. The customer service rep said I could bring the old pair in and they would give me a new pair. When I got there, they brought out the new ones...they inadvertently brought our BX2 Acadia, which is a less expensive model. He went back to get the cascades but they didn't have any in stock...

He brought out the new BX3 Mojave Pro HD model and told me that it was my lucky day but that they were happy to do it due to the mix-ups. I told them they didn't need to give me a pair that cost about $600 to replace the ones I bought for $200, but he insisted.

So while the first pair seemed to break fairly easily and there was a shipping mix-up (not Leupold's fault), they stood behind things 100% and took care of me very well. I went away from their scopes when I wanted a high end scope and the binos seemed to break easily, but the customer service has always been top notch. But I was not impressed by the durability of the binos.

Now to try out the new Pro HD's....

Thanks for letting us hear about someone with great customer service. I thought it was a thing of the past. Guess I will have to buy another Leupold. How did your hunt go? What Outfitter and location.

I have had very few dealings with Leupold but they have always be very good about any issues
and the main reason that I will buy used Leupold's is, If something is wrong with the scope, they will
make it good even though you weren't the original owner.

The other reason that I like and support Leupold is there treatment of active duty service
people (They will sell them 2 of any scopes a year for cost) 30 to 40 % off the regular price.

This says a lot for a company in my opinion.

PS: I have not found there scopes to be fragile but I also dropped a pair of binos in a deer stand (Less than 3 feet) and chipped a prism. They did the same thing for me (Replaced them) without charge.

Nuff said

J E CUSTOM

The other reason that I like and support Leupold is there treatment of active duty service
people (They will sell them 2 of any scopes a year for cost) 30 to 40 % off the regular price.

This says a lot for a company in my opinion.

J E CUSTOM

I've bought a pile of Mark 4s through the mil program. I find myself getting at least one per year. The LR/T is the best scope I've paid $750-$1000 for.

Couple of months back I emailed leupold Australia about a tracking issue with a 1.5-5, VX111 which must be around 18 years old. I've had this on my sendero 7mm rem mag and a few other high power rifles. Well started to get flyers so after changing scope confirmed the leupold had an issue. The reply I got back was that the scope will be repaired under leupolds life time warranty. Sent it away and it came back with a report saying new springs and adjustment mechanisms fitted. Put it back on the 7mm and problem solved. To me that's excellent service for a product under life time warranty.

I had a VX III go bad the week season started. Called Leupold and was told 12 -14 buisness days. I told them I would next day air the scope to them, and when they got it fixed to send it back next day air, and that I would pay all shipping /handeling charges. I figured that I could salvage the end of the season if all the stars lined up.

Shipped scope next day air on Tuesday. They recieved it on Wed. Fixed it that day..AND SHIPPED IT back next day air THAT DAY.....free of charge. I had the scope back on my gun Thursday at noon!!! I m 1500 miles from Leupold!!! Now, this was 15+ years ago, but I am sure that nothing has changed.

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!! :D :D

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.