Minox customer service

Newbweatherby

In 2017 i bought a minox zxi 5x25x56mm with bdc reticle,glass was great but mechanically gave out in about 6 mos ,sent it back to sig sauer who owns Minox they sent to Germany inox said it was too expensive so repair so they sent a new one great right?Well than 4 mos later and kuput,i sent it back 5 mos ago and they said same thing too expensive to repair they had no direct replacement so they wanted ro send a same scope but only in a #4 German reticle iam not happy with that,but they wont replace with one of they all arounders in same price range,I know this Zx they send me will fail.
Any one have suggestion

Last edited:
sounds like you have no choice but to accept it. They have refused to do anything else. Take the new on and Put it online and sell it as NIB. I'm surprised that you can break them so easily, Minox does not have a reputation as a crappy scope. I'm thinking it's on heavy recoilIng rifle and need to buy he toughest scope on the planet…a Night Force

It is mounted on a 300 Remington ultra mag, braked it has less recoil than my
270 and .243,ive seen another post where person had same problem , mechanically the reticle failed and w windage an elevation field and the reticle was cocked off about 15 degrees from Center of axis the lighted reticle failed on both scopes I paid 1478 for that scope

Last edited:
On a braked 300 RUM it has less recoil than my 270 or 243
The brake it what causes the scope to fail. You do not feel it but there is the recoil from the shot then an almost instant counter force from the brake and that opposite force is what can ruin scopes. Same thing with ram piston air rifles. The sudden back and forth forces destroy scopes.

The brake it what causes the scope to fail. You do not feel it but there is the recoil from the shot then an almost instant counter force from the brake and that opposite force is what can ruin scopes. Same thing with ram piston air rifles. The sudden back and forth forces destroy scopes.
Really did not know that

Yup. Breaks are notorious for bringing out the weak points in scopes. They are absolutely brutal on optics.