Minox customer service

The brake it what causes the scope to fail. You do not feel it but there is the recoil from the shot then an almost instant counter force from the brake and that opposite force is what can ruin scopes. Same thing with ram piston air rifles. The sudden back and forth forces destroy scopes.
Not even through my first cup of coffee on this first day of the month and you gotta go ruin my day already with this post! I'll have to add this to my list of things to ponder! 😄

I wonder if the 90 degree ported brakes are as bad at this as rearward directional brakes?

OP, by chance have you contacted the outfit that sold you your Minox scope?

I have found that some of these folks can offer very helpful advice in these situations.

And then I buy more from them and less from those that are not.

i guess the only good thing i can say their customer service is trying! I would say turn ur brake till u getting pressure to the sides an bottom also we would like a picture

I think there was a post with a slo-mo video on this subject on line somewhere. They showed the recoil, then the counter recoil and barrel whip associated with a muzzle brake that had top ports as well as side ports.

Not even through my first cup of coffee on this first day of the month and you gotta go ruin my day already with this post! I'll have to add this to my list of things to ponder! 😄

I wonder if the 90 degree ported brakes are as bad at this as rearward directional brakes?
Ditto. I can see myself wrestling thoughts about this and then WRESTLING with my rifles trying to remove the dang things.

Last edited:
It is mounted on a 300 Remington ultra mag, braked it has less recoil than my
270 and .243,ive seen another post where person had same problem , mechanically the reticle failed and w windage an elevation field and the reticle was cocked off about 15 degrees from Center of axis the lighted reticle failed on both scopes I paid 1478 for that scope
We may start to see a little more of this. Manufacturers of many scopes did not design the pull factor into their mechanics...there was no need before these efficient brakes were designed. But they dramatically alter the physical stress on the scopes! Kinda like hitting the Nitrous switch on a car and slamming the brakes on! Sorry didn't read far enough...well done Wedgey!

In 2017 i bought a minox zxi 5x25x56mm with bdc reticle,glass was great but mechanically gave out in about 6 mos ,sent it back to sig sauer who owns Minox they sent to Germany inox said it was too expensive so repair so they sent a new one great right?Well than 4 mos later and kuput,i sent it back 5 mos ago and they said same thing too expensive to repair they had no direct replacement so they wanted ro send a same scope but only in a #4 German reticle iam not happy with that,but they wont replace with one of they all arounders in same price range,I know this Zx they send me will fail.
Any one have suggestion
hi from the uk, just wondering how many rounds you fired before the scope failed regards andy

The amount of recoil reduced is directly related to how hard the brake is on the optic, design has little if anything to do with it, but how much negative g force is put on the optic. I killed a March scope on a 9.5 lb braked .338 Norma mag with a MBM Beast 5 port, waiting to get it back from Japan.

How do i post a picture?
snipppp.PNG

when you reply click on the "attach files" tab then get the image from your files.

I have an AR15 that ate a Nikon scope. Figured it was the recoil buffer slamming forward that did it. The 308 FN FAL rifles are known to eat scopes for the same reasons.