Minox customer service

PaLuke

I recently purchased a Minox ZA 5 3X15X50 SF and when I received the scope I noticed the rear part of the scope would move laterally. I called Minox and I sent it in and received a new scope about a month later and the same condition existed with the new scope. So on the phone with Minox again and they sent a 4X20X50 with SF to replace the one I sent in. This one I received in 4 days and the scope is amazingly clear and solid. I won't shoot it till tomorrow but nothing but praise here for Minox. The person I talked to was a real gentleman and upgraded the scope with no charge. I hope they take care of their scope issues because their CS alone is enough reason to buy Minox. Tony

Minox Customer Service is very professonal and polite. They respond to both emails and phone calls so that is a plus. That can sometimes make the difference as long as the rest of the product performs an equal follow up.

"The jury is still out" here and I might be feeling a bit different. Like yours, I received a defective product. My scope is a 4-20x50. A good clear focus on magnifications above 13x cannot be obtained. There are 2 others that have bought the same scope with the exact same issue. They have not sent their scope in yet. All are brand new scopes. I am on my 6th week waiting. Minox CS told me they did not have a new 4-20x50 replacement to send out to me.

Now you mention that you had a new scope and it was defective and then a warranty scope was received and was defective and now they replace with an upgrade that is a scope that I am waiting for warranty but they had no replacement for me.

Is it possible that upgrade you have has similar issues as the three of us have and we would have noticed it and a new person might not. I don't know but that is a little "fishy".

Supposedly I should be receiveing my scope this coming week. I have been told 2 times it was going out on a Friday. Again, the jury is out with me.

Keep us posted.......In the near future I am hoping to buy a set of there 15x binoculars (Pretty spendy for me) so I would love to here final conclusions regarding there cs.

Sorry to hear about waiting for your scope. I hear many good comments amout minox customer service. Good customer service is important to me when purchasing, it's one of the reasons I just picked up a 62 ed spotting scope. And also why I buy vortex.

I have had great service with Vortex and I luv my two Viper HS 4-16x50's. Easy eyebox, great eye relief, super clear glass, turrents are just fine for my hunting needs, and handles my 338 win mag loads with ease. I had one issue and Vortex jumped in and took care of it immediately.

I took a gamble on this Minox and its not looking good.

I received my Minox 4-20x50mm yesterday. I have a number of comments that might help assist others in their scope decisions.

In Paluke's original post he mentioned this: " I hope they take care of their scope issues because their CS alone is enough reason to buy Minox."

I cannot agree more. My very first CS communication with Minox was an excellent experience. The CS rep was very professional, not condenscending, was not pushy and did not make me feel like I was being a pain asking for possible warranty assistance. That first experience with CS continued through with Minox always answering their phones (instead of getting a voice message), always answering their email promptly and all the time maintaining a customer assurance that they were going to take care of me. To me that is at least 70% of keeping their customer happy and patient.

Now I mention patient, and I know some will argue with me on this, but I fail to understand why warranty work on a scope takes anything longer than 2-3 weeks, even when you are not the first in the door. One possibility for the delay in "today's world" is the possible lack of staff. Of course if the manufacturer is getting flooded with warranty issues because of product issues, thats not necessarily a manufacturer's excuse but rather a customer red-flag. It took just a day shy of 6 weeks between sending my scope to Minox and receiving it back yesterday. I was though very impressed and not even expecting Minox to send my scope back 2 Day UPS but they did so yet another kudos to the CS department.

Okay, the scope issue, and I know of at least 2 others that have this same issue with the 4-20x50mm scope is the inability to focus clearly for any distances after 100 yards using any magnification after 12-14x. Thanks to forums like these and others, sure enough I found I was not the only one seeing this issue so I decided to send mine in. For me there was no available swap at Minox, which I have no qualms about. I just want my scope back in working condition. I take the scope out to the range tomorrow. I have already remounted the scope on my 7mm rem mag and have acutally scoped 150 yard distances at the house. All appears to be corrected but the test will be at the range.

Bottom line. Minox took care of me! This Minox glass is very very good. I like the fine cross hairs in my BDC reticle. I luv the magnifier changer. If all else is corrected on my scope the only drawback on this particular model that happens to have an easy 4" eye relief is the eyebox. It is a bit of a challenge to acquire the eyebox on this scope. My Vortex Vipers HS model is a snap. This one I have to "hunt" for a full glass for a few seconds. My understanding with the Minox scopes under 10x magnification is that they are a fantastic scopes. I hope this will prove to be that same Minox quality. You will have to make that decision as well.

Thanks all. I will advise on the range experience this weekend.

338winmag

I believe you'll find excellent customer service from all but the most bargain basement, low end optics (importers). I'm reasonably sure the profit margin on these optics is substantial so if a defective one is returned, it goes to the landfill and is replaced with a new scope or an ungraded model. They mnade their money on the original sale, a warranty replacement just puts them even up.

In fact, ot at least to my best understanding, all but the very specialized and insanely expensive optics are imported in their entirety or the major portion is (that includes Leupold) btw..

If the public really knew actual cost of hard goods, versus charged cost, there would be a revolt.:)

Far as I know, The only domestic glass polishers are in upper New York State and California and mere mortals can't afford either.

Range Update
The Minox has been correctly repaired and performed well at the range. I am a happy Minox owner.

338winmag

Just bought a Minox ZA-5 6x30x56mm . Dang after I bought it ( Such a great deal from doug at Camera Land in the big apple ) I read some sorrow reviews some concerning the "mushy feeling turrents " Well spoke to their customer serve rep in NH and he new write away what I was talking about and said that problem has been eliminated . Great so another + for Minox customer service.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.