Let's see your Varmint rifles !

My latest addition in 223/5.56

I see both your rifles have to share the same bed.

Nice looking rifles! I love thumbholes, I made my F/Class Savage stock into a thumbhole...........pg. 50..................Savage 22-243 AI

The 22-250 with it's new Boyd's stock, near rifle, far rifle is the 7mag
100_3368_zpsa42fe148.jpg

100_3367_zpsc1bcad1d.jpg

6mm x 47 Lapua on a Savage Model 12 with Lilja Barrel with Leupold scope and "custom" garage-made BDC turrets (white stick-on labels marked in yards). :D

A little heavy to take too far from the truck, not to mention I wish it was a repeater but hey for this kind of accuracy I can't complain I guess. Will even get the 3 foot by 3 foot 1 mile gong on a calm day :D :D

Attachments

• 6x47edit2.jpg
    6x47edit2.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 122
6mm x 47 Lapua on a Savage Model 12 with Lilja Barrel with Leupold scope and "custom" garage-made BDC turrets (white stick-on labels marked in yards). :D

A little heavy to take too far from the truck, not to mention I wish it was a repeater but hey for this kind of accuracy I can't complain I guess. Will even get the 3 foot by 3 foot 1 mile gong on a calm day :D :D
That's some pretty good shooting. Out of curiosity, what is your load data?

I love it, the thumbhole is the only way to go for the fast pace Prairie Dog shooting or following a coyote.
Everyone that shoots it has me make them up a thumbhole stock. But the B&C Medalist works very well too. Just not as pretty with all the colors you can get. Electric blue or Desert sunset.

Well the season is right around the corner so I figured I'd show my new light walking varmiter. It's a new Ruger American in 243 with a 4-12 Vortex Crossfire. Didn't do any fancy break in just started shooting away since I've got a ton of Hornady 95gr SSTs laying around. Trying to blow through them before I move to either the 87 gr Vmax or a VLD and do some actual load developement. The long vertical strand was the best grouping thus far, a 6 shot group just over an inch and a quarter tall but barely a quarter inch wide. They were shot of a Caldwell Rock front with a sand bag in the rear and the other 3 that are floating around were from the bipod and no bag (kinda worried me until I shot the other group). They were all high so I made one last adjustment with my last shot of the day and thats the one in the diamond. Can't wait to tune this thing in and hit the field but a paint job made be in order first, the all black is just boring. Other rifle isn't much of a Varmit gun just my Savage 11 308 with a bushnell 3200 on top. It only got 3 shots this trip to the range since the wind and cold wasn't all too enjoyable but with 3 shots like that I was pretty warm inside. OnTarget measured it at .326MOA.
downsized_0224131419ag.jpg

downsized_0224131352.jpg

downsized_0224131420.jpg

The long vertical strand was the best grouping thus far, a 6 shot group just over an inch and a quarter tall but barely a quarter inch wide. They were shot of a Caldwell Rock front with a sand bag in the rear and the other 3 that are floating around were from the bipod and no bag (kinda worried me until I shot the other group).

View attachment 18760

A vertical shot-string is not good.

My .243 Ack Imp was in need of a new barrel so it was taken to Chris at UK-GUNWORKS where he fitted a 1:8 twist for me.

So I'll now be able to use 105gr A-Max for some long range fun!

Here it is . . . . .

Hang on, here's a better photo . . . .

A real big thank you to UK-GUNWORKS!

My .243 Ack Imp was in need of a new barrel so it was taken to Chris at UK-GUNWORKS where he fitted a 1:8 twist for me.

So I'll now be able to use 105gr A-Max for some long range fun!

Here it is . . . . .

Hang on, here's a better photo . . . .

A real big thank you to UK-GUNWORKS!
Very nice rifle. How many rounds did you get out of that 243AI before the barrel was toasted?