What is your hardest varmint to hit.

Don't know if anyone is still "watching" this thread, but I'll add my 2-bits.
The toughed shots I've made have been on ground squirrels. They're about the size of a small redbull can, move Real quick, and can see pretty good. Out west, in the foothills of CA, & NV, most shots were under 250yds. I loved taking them with my .222 Rem, or my 6mm Rem. The 222 is built on a small BSA Martini, with a Hart stainless barrel, the 6mm is on a '96 Mauser, with a light Douglas barrel.

The most difficult varmint to hit would have been a woodchuck that charged me…never have I seen a woodchuck charge…he was munching under the apple trees apparently and I caught him out of the corner of my eye on a full gallop…walking swiftly backwards I finally dispatched the varmint when he tried to bite the end of the barrel of a 22-250. It brought back fond memories of my grandma chopping off a turkeys head and that sombitch ran over me…I was 7 years old lmao

Don't know if anyone is still "watching" this thread, but I'll add my 2-bits.
The toughed shots I've made have been on ground squirrels. They're about the size of a small redbull can, move Real quick, and can see pretty good. Out west, in the foothills of CA, & NV, most shots were under 250yds. I loved taking them with my .222 Rem, or my 6mm Rem. The 222 is built on a small BSA Martini, with a Hart stainless barrel, the 6mm is on a '96 Mauser, with a light Douglas barrel.
Ha I remember splitting firewood…I left a bag of peanuts in the shell on the wood I had already split…I went into the barn to make a pot of coffee and they were partying when I came back to the splitter…I couldn't shoot them lmao. I sat on the side steps and one of those little bastards jumped up on the steps and ate his peanuts looking at me. His name is Charlie and he bonded with Stella,one of our yorkies

Attachments

• 5E6C6968-025E-4466-B115-2B6226805A26.jpeg
    5E6C6968-025E-4466-B115-2B6226805A26.jpeg
    687.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited: