Lets hear it from the Michiganders!!

Michiganders.....

The second edition of the Marksmanship Training Center newsletter "Down Range" is available on our official web site.

http://www.marksmanshiptrainingcenter.com/news.aspx

Be the first to receive breaking intel about our project by creating a client access account. Those with accounts already, make sure your contact info is up-to-date ...to receive future specials and promotions.

I like the sounds of this^^^^^^

Brent here,
Been on this forum a couple years but just ran across this thread.....hi all, from mid Michigan. Can't wait for this weather to break a little and get out shooting.

Edwardsburg here....
Anybody up for a pdog trip this summer?

Canvsbk
Maybe, what you thinking? Did it once 2 summers ago, wouldn't mind going back. We where on a reservation central/south S.Dakota over July 4. Lots of dogs, but it was HOT!

Brent

Shot around Wall last year, the plague has hit real bad in there. Thinking about the Pierre area maybe in June sometime. Have heard many horror stories about shooting on the reservations out there.

Shot around Wall last year, the plague has hit real bad in there. Thinking about the Pierre area maybe in June sometime. Have heard many horror stories about shooting on the reservations out there.

We weren't that far west. We stayed in Wood, SE of the Murdo exit on I90. No horror stories here though. We actually got lucky going that late in the year (July)because the prairie grasses are usually higher that time of year. We did have to pay a little extra for being on a "res" but it wasn't too bad. I still got to believe that there's other places(not hit by the plague) that isn't on a "res", that has a ton of prairie dogs.

Yup, there's plenty of spots not on tribal land. We shot a bunch in Wyoming while out there on an antelope hunt last fall. Wish it wasn't so far to get there.
September can be real good too.

Yup, there's plenty of spots not on tribal land. We shot a bunch in Wyoming while out there on an antelope hunt last fall. Wish it wasn't so far to get there.
September can be real good too.

I hear ya, that's a long way for prairie dogs, not bringing home any meat and all....but **** its fun. We're heading out to WY in Oct. for mullies, and my spring/ early summers are always busy with fishing and all the other activities that go with that time of year. Would like to go out there again for a long wknd but its hard between family obligations, work, and other addictions. Might have to play it by ear and be spontaneous. With a 4 month baby at home it's hard to schedule too much.......at least if I want to keep my wife happy.:D

What area for mulies? I'm hopeing for area 48 pronghorn and bought an elk cow tag for 10. Another mulie point for me this year though.

Area 30 for mullies. Easy to draw a tag but hard to find hunting ground because its mostly private. Actually there is a lot of public land but its surrounded by private, so it's inaccessible. We hunted the same ranch last fall in area 30 for elk. We went 3 for 4 on bulls. I was the one that didn't shoot at one, but that's not because I couldn't of. We had 3 down, plenty of meat, and was after that ONE. That area takes 3 pts now, even though its mostly private. Western big game hunting is worth the drive. I love it.

Have you hunted antelope in area 48 before?

No I have not but it's close to elk area 10 and the timing is right so we'll see. If I don't draw I'm thinking maybe a left over doe tag or 2. Out there it's all awesome to me.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts