Lets hear it from the Michiganders!!

@7mm Magnum, La Barge is a great area, never hunted around there, I have some friends that live in Dubois, Great Hunting all around that area, Sheep Elk Mulies, and Antelope.
Gillette,Wyoming has great Antelope, never seen Mulies there, but I'm sure they are, did see white tails, so maybe they are pushing the Mule Deer up country.

I for one don't like to hunt on the beaten path, Totally Back country is what I'd prefer..
To late for this year, but I'm going to check on License fees for next year.

CTW gun)

Well Young's is not a terribly long drive, though one would be pulling an all day ousting. I'd be up to seeing who in the travel route would be interested in Going.
Let me know.

CTW gun)

@7mm Magnum, La Barge is a great area, never hunted around there, I have some friends that live in Dubois, Great Hunting all around that area, Sheep Elk Mulies, and Antelope.
Gillette,Wyoming has great Antelope, never seen Mulies there, but I'm sure they are, did see white tails, so maybe they are pushing the Mule Deer up country.

I for one don't like to hunt on the beaten path, Totally Back country is what I'd prefer..
To late for this year, but I'm going to check on License fees for next year.

CTW gun)

Interesting, I'm your neighbor, sort of. I own ground in Mecosta County hunting ground.

Hello. There are a few choices near Holt. Family Shooters corral in Eaton Rapids. My favorite! It goes out to 300 yds and the owner is very knowledgeable but ya gotta pay per hour/half hour. Targets, shooting glasses,ear muffs, range scopes, staplers are supplied. Rose Lake shooting range in Bath. Goes to 100yds. It's a DNR manned range and is free. Bring your own targets, they use styrofoam backers and toothpicks to hold the targets in place. There's a range on Kelly road in Mason but it's closed for renovation right now. The Demmer Center in Lansing is an indoor .22 pistol and rifle range. They have a few rental guns and also indoor/outdoor archery ranges.
Happy shooting!gun)

I thought they closed the kelly road pit good to know i live in holt and found a place to shoot out about 400yds in mason but have to call the owner anytime i want to go out.Any idea when it will reopen

Been here for a while North side of Holland/West Olive, I shoot 300 yards but that Allegan 1000 yard property deal sounds interesting. I have toyed with the idea of leasing some land just for target shooting at longer ranges.

The DNR website doesn't give a reopen date. I used to go there a lot back in the day. It really needed a face lift. I'm also in Holt, class of 97. Forgot Chief Okemos sportsmans club in Dimondale, it goes out to 200yds. gun)

i had a place that i could get 1400yds but some kids brought an end to that,i have heard that MTC has a 1000 yd rang but not sure what cost is they are south of traverse city.Anyway i live on Aurelius rd befor dell sometime we should get together and do some shooting

Been here for a while North side of Holland/West Olive, I shoot 300 yards but that Allegan 1000 yard property deal sounds interesting. I have toyed with the idea of leasing some land just for target shooting at longer ranges.

I am very close to you...north side of holland. I'd be interested in longer range to shoot as well. I shoot at fenville now

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.