Anyone out there from SE Michigan?

3fingervic

I've been on the site for a while. I never went in the regional area. I'm looking for some contacts in South Eastern Michigan. Also, if anyone is aware of a 500-1000 yard range around here, that info would be helpful.

Clinton Twp. I've been trying to get a rig together for a little while now, nothing special. It should be finished in a month. I was looking for a place to get some long range time in after I get my s*** together. A lot of people I talk to around here and the Michigan Sportsmans Forum really frown on the words long range. Is there a range out in your area that you can shoot 500-1000 yds?

Nope, 200yds is as far as I have here. I was fortunate to have spent the last 6 months in Colorado. I did a LOT of LR shooting (out to 1400yds +) while out there.

What are you building?

Clinton Twp is pretty close, we could meet for coffee sometime pretty easily and discuss.

AJ

Like I said it's nothing special. I'm left handed so my out of the box options are limited. I did some investigating, and found out that Savage will build you pretty much whatever you want without charging you through the roof. I am having them build me a left handed 110 FCP-K in .300wm. I'm going to put a Vortex Crossfire 3x32-50 on it. I will shoot it as is for a while. My plan is to send it off to SSS to have a stock put on, and a little smith work done to it.

That should be a great shooter. Drop me a PM if you ever want to chat.

Have you checked into DSC (Detroit Sportsmans Congress) it's on Dequindre north of Hamlen road in Utica? I believe they shoot 400-500yds, I was a member there 20yrs ago and haven't been over to the rifle ranges in a long time.

AJ

Hi there,

There is a range in Washtenaw county with a 600 yard range.

WSC - Home Page

Never went there, I cannot figure out from there homepage if they actually let you shoot 600 during practicing sessions. Sounds like they let you only shoot 300 yards on Wednesdays.

However, if you find out please share.

Hi there,

There is a range in Washtenaw county with a 600 yard range.

WSC - Home Page

Never went there, I cannot figure out from there homepage if they actually let you shoot 600 during practicing sessions. Sounds like they let you only shoot 300 yards on Wednesdays.

However, if you find out please share.

Thanks for the info, I'll give them a call.

Guys I am form central west Mi. theonly range that I know longer than 300 yards is at Camp grayling ! They hold the nra long range comps. there !

I shoot in midland they have 600yard range but your right about the mich sports men froum.I love to going on there and talking about long range shooting and get peoples hair up.I love long range shooting but on here 600yards is not much to these guys.I killed deer the last two years all over 500 yard away with my weatherby 338-378.

Enigma I live in white cloud . There is also a guy called Big Edde on this web sight he lives up by u also ! I have e-maile him a few times and he is into long range too !!! He blongs to midland county sports man club and pinnicoing conservation club !!! hope i spelled that right !!!??? any way i am trying to settel down now so i can get my gear in order so i can work up loads for my tikka T3 ss light 270 WSM ! If it shoots like the one i owned befor it will be sub moa !!! Well i guess i will see
Hope to talke to you more

Tony you may of seen a few of my post on the michigan-sportsman web sight I go by enigma on there to.Any way if you get it your gun to gather let me know.I live in Freeland.

enigma
nice to hear from you ! Yes i have seen your posts i havent had the time to send you a message . sorry bout that ! anyway I just got my new scope for my tikka a few days a go !!! when it got here it wasnt what i was expecting !!!! For me it was a big suprise that was a good one for once !!!! just for s and g i bought the cabelas alpha 5x , 4x20x44 all the paper on it didnt say anything about parlex adj . What a suprise when it got here and it had target turets and parlex adj !!!!! anyhow its on and bore sighted but i have been lax in my reloading and havent reloaded a round for it yet !!! That is my top priority today to get set up and work loads up for it !!!! hope to talke to you agine

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.