Lets all take a deep breath.....

@Creedmoor shooter,

Your signature reads, "2 Timothy 2:15 KJV Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

If you don't mind maybe you would be kind enough to explain what it says and means. Occasionally I get involved in conversations and guys try to use the King James English and I just can't keep up.

@Creedmoor shooter,

Your signature reads, "2 Timothy 2:15 KJV Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

If you don't mind maybe you would be kind enough to explain what it says and means. Occasionally I get involved in conversations and guys try to use the King James English and I just can't keep up.
Here is a more recent translation

@Creedmoor shooter,

I only use the KJV. I believe it's the inspired, preserved,perfect word of God. Other versions either remove, or change verses that were never intended to which I'm not going to get into here.
Rev 22:19 KJV And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

But the point of the verse in question is God wants us to have a relationship with him and to study and read his holy Word. So if we study the Bible, we will find ourselves approved unto God. Meaning that God will approve or will be happy if we do so. Please don't confuse being approved by studying with salvation or external life. I'm not going to pretend I know exactly what approved means there but I know it's a good thing.

A workman that needeth not to be ashamed, meaning to preach the gospel of christ or tell others about Christ and to not be ashamed to do so. We that are Christians are workers in his field, trying to convert souls to Christ.

Rightly dividing the word of truth we study to know the truth and sift it out from things that aren't true.

I hope that make sense. It's my current life verse. I suspect that will change as I learn and grow in God's word and get more mature in that area of my life.

I only use the KJV. I believe it's the inspired, preserved,perfect word of God. Other versions either remove, or change verses that were never intended to which I'm not going to get into here.
Rev 22:19 KJV And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

But the point of the verse in question is God wants us to have a relationship with him and to study and read his holy Word. So if we study the Bible, we will find ourselves approved unto God. Meaning that God will approve or will be happy if we do so. Please don't confuse being approved by studying with salvation or external life. I'm not going to pretend I know exactly what approved means there but I know it's a good thing.

A workman that needeth not to be ashamed, meaning to preach the gospel of christ or tell others about Christ and to not be ashamed to do so. We that are Christians are workers in his field, trying to convert souls to Christ.

Rightly dividing the word of truth we study to know the truth and sift it out from things that aren't true.

I hope that make sense. It's my current life verse. I suspect that will change as I learn and grow in God's word and get more mature in that area of my life.
Amen!

I like:
700 actions
Triggertech
Optics open to my budget limitations
Leica rangefinders
Preferred Barrel
RL2, W760, IMR4064
Federal primers
Barnes
Cutting Edge
Nosler
Hornady
Hammers
Sierra
Peterson brass
Sig Sauer brass
Lapua brass
Redding
Fruit of the Loom
Hanes
Wrangler
Levi
Irish Setter
22-250
30-06
300WM
Ram 2500's
Dove bars- really addicted to them

Why do personal choices require approval? Can you not live with your own decisions? Do you require endorsement of your decisions? Do you need to believe your decisions are clearly the best and no one else can have one and dumber than box of rocks if not shared by you? Why does someone have to RIDICULE the choices of someone else? Constructive suggestions are ALWAYS welcomed. I truly appreciate suggestions that might help me improve. I am never to old to learn.

Personal attacks on my comments, not so much, usually ignored. They define the character or lack of one of that person IMO.

SO, You do not have to like anything I like or what I do nor do I have to like what you like or what you do. I will try to offer constructive suggestions on whatever the subject matter may be IF the subject matter is asking for suggestions. You do not have to accept nor do you have to RIDICULE the offer.

There is a ton of knowledge on LRH that I think is not being tapped into because the potential confrontational discussion that might develop. A lot of folks just don't want to deal with BS on line. Day to day living has enough of it so why add to it. Which is a shame this knowledge is sitting out there and not being available.
Its like we need to defrag the system to be more open to more data.

I hope you will do the same. The old phrase "Live and Let Live" still applies.

Disclaimer: Beanmoor's are still open season.

I like:
700 actions
Triggertech
Optics open to my budget limitations
Leica rangefinders
Preferred Barrel
RL2, W760, IMR4064
Federal primers
Barnes
Cutting Edge
Nosler
Hornady
Hammers
Sierra
Peterson brass
Sig Sauer brass
Lapua brass
Redding
Fruit of the Loom
Hanes
Wrangler
Levi
Irish Setter
22-250
30-06
300WM
Ram 2500's
Dove bars- really addicted to them

Why do personal choices require approval? Can you not live with your own decisions? Do you require endorsement of your decisions? Do you need to believe your decisions are clearly the best and no one else can have one and dumber than box of rocks if not shared by you? Why does someone have to RIDICULE the choices of someone else? Constructive suggestions are ALWAYS welcomed. I truly appreciate suggestions that might help me improve. I am never to old to learn.

Personal attacks on my comments, not so much, usually ignored. They define the character or lack of one of that person IMO.

SO, You do not have to like anything I like or what I do nor do I have to like what you like or what you do. I will try to offer constructive suggestions on whatever the subject matter may be IF the subject matter is asking for suggestions. You do not have to accept nor do you have to RIDICULE the offer.

There is a ton of knowledge on LRH that I think is not being tapped into because the potential confrontational discussion that might develop. A lot of folks just don't want to deal with BS on line. Day to day living has enough of it so why add to it. Which is a shame this knowledge is sitting out there and not being available.
Its like we need to defrag the system to be more open to more data.

I hope you will do the same. The old phrase "Live and Let Live" still applies.

Disclaimer: Beanmoor's are still open season.
Your Killing me brother and I agree with you 100%

Recent Posts