Lefty Options

This is generally dependent upon how you shoot or the position in which you shoot the most. If you are fine using your support hand for running the bolt that is generally due to bench or prone shooting etc where a support hand is not actually supporting anything. I shot right hand rifles most of the time and in comps like LRP and PRS. There were times I had an advantage but generally not often. Removing the support hand or reach across is problematic for quick cycles and staying on target. This is almost impossible when removing the support hand from the rifle to run the bolt. Once I switched to a left bolt the speed and repeatability for target acquisition and engagement is much is more fluid. Just something to keep in mind for the overall discussion as it really does seem to depend on how each person uses their rifle.
I found the same thing. Although, I would really like to see one of the lefty's that shoot right handed rifles, and say how easy it is, go hunt dangerous game that way.

I found the same thing. Although, I would really like to see one of the lefty's that shoot right handed rifles, and say how easy it is, go hunt dangerous game that way.
I remember a story by Craig Boddington, A Well known Lefty who like many LH has shot many RH,
A big shot wanted him to go on a dangerous game hunt with a RH rifle.
He told the big wheel right. After you go with a LH rifle. Lol that end the idea 💡 😁

As of last August I am shooting lefty due to some eye issues, **** MS. Nothing terrible, not like someone could sneak up on my right side bad vision, but when I get behind a scope or a shotgun it's just not quite right. Shotgun was simple since I shoot an O/U most of the time. Rifle is another quandary moving forward.
I was saving for my next rifle which was going to be a Springfield Waypoint. Try to decide if I still want to go that direction even with no lefty options or if anything else is available in lefty that's similar. The fit a finish really drew me to the Waypoint and it's not too far into custom price territory. Some of the other rifles that I know shoot well would still aggravate me due to the fit and finish being off.

As of last August I am shooting lefty due to some eye issues, **** MS. Nothing terrible, not like someone could sneak up on my right side bad vision, but when I get behind a scope or a shotgun it's just not quite right. Shotgun was simple since I shoot an O/U most of the time. Rifle is another quandary moving forward.
I was saving for my next rifle which was going to be a Springfield Waypoint. Try to decide if I still want to go that direction even with no lefty options or if anything else is available in lefty that's similar. The fit a finish really drew me to the Waypoint and it's not too far into custom price territory. Some of the other rifles that I know shoot well would still aggravate me due to the fit and finish being off.

I shoot left handed but I'm right handed. I have several Remingtons and Savages and a Christensen in left hand. I like the position of the safety on the Savages because when I carry it on my right side the safety doesn't accidentally get taken off. Savage has several options for left handlers. On a good day I can put 3 shots in a rough hole with my 6.4x284 Norma Weather Warrior.

Last edited:
When all of the left hand people start telling you how they shoot right hand guns, just ignore them. They have probably never owned a left hand rifle. I had to shoot right handed stuff when I was young and was happy to start shooting left handed when I could afford to buy my own stuff. Once you get used to it, it feels more natural. That said, most companies offer left hand stuff. You will most likely have to special order it and wait for it though. Used is always an option too. I have left hand rifles from savage, browning, ruger, tikka and remington. They have all been good, though the rem got turned into a custom pretty fast. Have you looked at seekins precision? I think they do left hand stuff.
Easiest way is to ignore bolt action rifles and opt for an accurate single shot. My preference is an 1885 Winchester falling block which dominated competition shooting for many years~!!

I have threatened to use my Dads 35 Rem more which solves the right left problem. Have an old 700 in 270 that's gonna stay no matter.
I have always wanted a Weatherby but it seems weird to finally get one and it be in Creedmoor. The ones I like too like are just getting close to 3k like the Apex, I like the Carbonmark and Accumark Pro but no or limited offerings in LH.
I am gonna go find some lefty's to borrow and try running them.

Building a gun might be fun in the future right now with little kids I don't have the time or energy.

Another vote Weatherby No.1 choice...you could also try a Savage impulse in one of several design stocks or chasis.
As you know, I am a left-hand Weatherby shooter, too. Unlike txaggie1, finding a left-hand rifle is a whole lot harder than selling one. No, I have never owned a custom rifle, but with Weatherby building near custom rifles in calibers I love, I see no point in spending that much extra money. So, like you, I would recommend to left-hand shooters that they at least give Weatherby rifles a try!

Take a look at Tikka T3x. They come in lefty in many different calibers. The fit and finish is some of the best I have seen. A friend of mine just bought a lightweight in 30-06 and it is superbly accurate with 165 through 200 gr bullets. Haven't tried anything heavier.

I'm a lefty shooter right eye dominant. I suggest as above the Savage impulse which I bought..It is straight pull with the bolt handle on either side.
My hunting rifle is a Blaser straight pull. You can buy a left or right handed bolt assembly. If you dont like it, easy to sell or switch it back to right handed. I never could use the bolt for a standard rifle..Good luck on your shooting.

What about ambidextrous options: Pump, lever, semi auto or single shot????
I'm Lefty & have all of them including LH & RH Bolts.

dang, it's too bad you are out east or I'd let you play with a few of my lh rifles to see how clumsy they are for you... You might also think about a Ruger #1... I have one in 338win and she's a good shooter either handed...

I'm a lefty shooter right eye dominant. I suggest as above the Savage impulse which I bought..It is straight pull with the bolt handle on either side.
My hunting rifle is a Blaser straight pull. You can buy a left or right handed bolt assembly. If you dont like it, easy to sell or switch it back to right handed. I never could use the bolt for a standard rifle..Good luck on your shooting.
The Impulse is actually a pretty dang decent rifle. We have a hog hunter in 300win... roughly moa with stuff my lh A-bolt ss likes... I keep teasing my kid that I'll flip the bolt to lefty on him if he irks me...

Simple solution is to buy the savage impulse rifle which is a straight pull where you can swap the handle. Plus won't break the bank and resale should be simple. I know savages have a hate group cause everyone thinks their ugly. But I will take a ugly rifle with a barrel nut over something that looks great but comes up short.