Lefty 6.5/284

Tundra

Been looking around for a new rifle for long range shooting and am strongly leaning toward the 284. I shoot lefty and I'm not exactly going to find this caliber at cabelas so I am looking for some companies who might be able to build it for me.

My google searches havent turned up much. I got to talking with Montana Rifle Company but I'm not sure they will build a whole gun or if they just do barreled actions.

Any advice in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Mine will be on a Stiller Predator action, McMillan stock, and Bartlein bbl.

Also a left hand.

You may want to try a Sako, M691 action, and have one built. I originally had mine on the 591 action but converted it to a 308.

Been looking around for a new rifle for long range shooting and am strongly leaning toward the 284. I shoot lefty and I'm not exactly going to find this caliber at cabelas so I am looking for some companies who might be able to build it for me.

My google searches havent turned up much. I got to talking with Montana Rifle Company but I'm not sure they will build a whole gun or if they just do barreled actions.

Any advice in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Please post pics when you get er built, as I also shoot from the CORRECT side :) . The 6.5-284 Win (or 6.5-284 Norma) is a really interesting calibre to me.

Shawn,

Since we are on the left hand custom topic. How long does it take you to build a rifle right now? How booked are you? I am interested in getting some pictures from you of Sheep Hunter (your package name) rifles that you have built. I would be interested in one that is between the weight of the Sheep Hunter and the Lightweight Long Range Rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.