Lefty Help!

muleyslayer52

Okay. I have been still looking for a left handed rifle for long range shooting without having to go full custom. Its apparent that the marked is not for left-handed people. I might have to go custom but can't find one less than $3K-$5K

I am 100% dead set on a 300 RUM.
Price around $2k
Has to be a left handed rifle. I am not fooling around with right handed rifles!!!

Where can I get one built for the price of $1k-$2K???

I had a Left handed 300 RUM LWLR rifle built in 2012 by Defense Edge and it was just over 4k. That being said without some of the add ons I could have kept it under 4k, but that did not include the cost of the scope. I searched before having it built and I was unable to find a place to have one built for 1-2k. I love the rifle I have though. Good luck with the search.

Okay. I have been still looking for a left handed rifle for long range shooting without having to go full custom. Its apparent that the marked is not for left-handed people. I might have to go custom but can't find one less than $3K-$5K

I am 100% dead set on a 300 RUM.
Price around $2k
Has to be a left handed rifle. I am not fooling around with right handed rifles!!!

Where can I get one built for the price of $1k-$2K???

That's a tough order. I know of no manufacturers making a 300 RUM in left hand, I could be wrong, lord know that happens enough. If I was trying to do it for 2k I would start with a left hand Savage 111 trophy hunter in 7 mag and have a gunsmith re-barrel it. You might get someone who makes a pre-chambered barrel which is an easy change on a Savage, however there is some controversy chambering the large diameter cartridges in the small shank receivers. Best way around this is to have your gunsmith install the barrel without the barrel nut. There will be magazine modifications to allow the fat, long cartridges to feed properly. You should be able to sell your brand new unfired barrel right here on the forum.

Rifle; $600
Barrel chambered and installed $750?
Brake installed and timed (not necessary but highly recommended) $200+
Magazine modifications $100?
Boyds laminated stock with pad upgrade (the Savage stock sucks) $150

$1800 and you still need a scope, base and rings.

Easy.

Shilen DGR action- $1000
Boyds Laminate Stock- $150
Premium Prefit Savage barrel- $400
Ross Schuler muzzle brake/installation $100
Aftermarket Rem 700 Trigger- $200
Mag box/bottom metal-$150

Do the plumbing yourself.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts