Lead Poisoning

I've generally avoided Steve's posts because of the personal attacks made against anyone that doesn't agree with the Hammer crowd. But in this obvious attack on lead bullets someone needs to speak up.
I think we all have to be honest with ourselves as hunters. This lead ban on rifle bullets is inevitable. They banned lead shot for the same reason regarding waterfowl poisoning. Their facts are all that matters and this will happen eventually. Next year, 5, 10 years maybe, but it's happening. Stand up, absolutely but the tree huggers always have more money, power and support than hunters do. I'll hunt no matter what bullet I'll have to load. Copper bullets are fine. Don't like being force fed and banned from using what works but I'll get thru it as we all will. Copper solid worl great just need a bit fast barrel typically. Won't stop me from doing what I love doing.

Took a while but now there is finally decent discussion here. Thank you.

In my opinion solar and wind farms are a giant scam driven by chrony capitalism making a few people rich through government regulation. Not only are they bad for the environment they are not economically sustainable.
The overall carbon footprint which requires the calculation of ALL carbon inputs is conveniently overlooked, ignored, and even falsified to fit a narrative.

The calculation includes the input from mining of minerals, processing and transportation all the way up the product development, manufacturing and transportation. So if you cherry pick the limb from this carbon footprint tree, you can make anything look red and rosy. The total carbon footprint calculation is quite extensive and difficult to quantify but to truly make a bonafide statement of benefit it must be performed down to the lowest calculable point in a product total component manufacturing process. It has to be looked at similar to how EPA looks at hazardous wastes. The generator is responsible for wastes "Cradle to grave". The manufacturer is responsible for total carbon generated "cradle to grave". If this total calculation is performed, the carbon footprint is significantly greater than most stated.

I don't know about the carbon footprint of wind turbines, but the "buried fiberglass" footprint is huge. Making progress but not fast enough to handle a lot of turbines already hitting end of service life in West Texas.

I also think we should solve all this carbon non-sense by going full nuclear and solving the nuclear waste issue by shooting it at the sun. No way a few tons of uranium is going to make it go supernova....... hopefully 😂

I don't know about the carbon footprint of wind turbines, but the "buried fiberglass" footprint is huge. Making progress but not fast enough to handle a lot of turbines already hitting end of service life in West Texas.

I also think we should solve all this carbon non-sense by going full nuclear and solving the nuclear waste issue by shooting it at the sun. No way a few tons of uranium is going to make it go supernova....... hopefully 😂
We can use the spent uranium for bullets like the Warthog.

I'm not smart enough to understand all of the intricacies of pollutio; exaggerated, actual and f
the future ramifications.
Quiet Texan said that fiberglass was a problem. in Columbia,S.C. is what used to be one of the largest Shakespeare fishing products plants. They made line and rods for years. I remember watching trucks of rods being landfilled off the side of I-20 many (30?) years ago and being run into the bare ground, crushed and covered. by a large bulldozer. I believe that I can still point out the place or very close to it, .25 MI. or closer.
I have lived in the woods, swamps and on the water of S.C. almost all of my life. What really bothers me is the rate that the trees and ground holding plants are being removed and not being replaced by something to take their place and do their jobs. I'm not talking about rapidly renewable plants, I'm talking. About the 50+ year old trees, mostly hardwood, and other established plants. That hold.topsoil. The first thing that they do when they start a neighborhood is
Scrape the topsoil for sale elsewhere, completely reconfigure the natural water ways to maximize waterfront property and remove the trees so that they can get around with the equipment and sell what they can and burn the rest.
As far as the rapid growth trees, pine, fir, etc. around here they probably plant 50 or more pines for each one cut. I don't think that pines filter the air as well as the old growth hardwoods, and not that we can do alot about it look at what they are doing to major forests, South America is a good example.
I think instead of this nonsense that we are trying now that still has to use the same things to power our "electric cars" we would be better served by research on how to deal with what have got and will generate in the future. Sounds ridiculous but how about start a system of air filters that in the future might actually do something.
What about the new high efficiency lithium ion batteries that they have pushed far enough to be firehazards? In 20 years when it isn't feasible to recycle, what are we going to do with the lithium. How about the mercury that was state of the art 20+ years ago. Could that have anything with not just mercury, but all of the other chemical and chemical compounds that are showing up just about everywhere.
I held a high security clearance at 1 time, I spent alot of time in secure places, so I'll stop here before I screw up and say something that I'm not allowed to repeat.
I don't propose to have answers or even good questions, but surely someone can think of something to help without putting the whole world back to the beginning.
I believe that the Navajo or the Utes said that the world will be reborn 7 times and we are on number 6 this time. I can't be sure where it came from but it's just floating around in the mind of an old Pharrt's mind and wondering what the helj happened in the 67 years that I've been here..

Funny how fairly new windmill blades are having to be replaced, but windmills, some well over 100 years old still have some blades on the windmills with little or no maintenance.
When they make alot of fiberglass products, bathtubs, boats, roof panels they use a tool called a chopper gun. Isn't there some that atleast so.e of the fiberglass could be reused?

IMG_5035.jpeg
IMG_5036.jpeg

Lord, I hope we as a nation can survive another 2 years. I added extra time be
to the cause I figure it's going to take a while to un-screw so many things. We've still got to call all of those people with the government cell phones and get them to come in so that the government can process them.

To the moderators: I AM being nice, no references other than government problems and phone calls. Now how far can I go before you get upset with me? scpaul