Lead Poisoning

This is old news really. The MRCC is actually one of the good organizations in this state. My roommates and I would donate meat scraps for the birds while I was in college. There don't appear to be obvious ties to anti-2A groups. However, that doesn't stop the anti-2A crowd from exploiting information like this, which is unfortunate.

Non-lead bullets will be next on the bad list if legislation is ever passed banning lead.

This is old news really. The MRCC is actually one of the good organizations in this state. My roommates and I would donate meat scraps for the birds while I was in college. There don't appear to be obvious ties to anti-2A groups. However, that doesn't stop the anti-2A crowd from exploiting information like this, which is unfortunate.

Non-lead bullets will be next on the bad list if legislation is ever passed banning lead.
I see this as a different approach towards banning firearms. One of the reasons we have firearms is for hunting. Make hunting too expensive and the numbers behind hunting diminishes. Once that happens the reason to legally own firearms vanishes. That's my opinion.

I see this as a different approach towards banning firearms. One of the reasons we have firearms is for hunting. Make hunting too expensive and the numbers behind hunting diminishes. Once that happens the reason to legally own firearms vanishes. That's my opinion.
This is true only if you believe the 2nd Amendment to be exclusive to hunting. ;)

1682775076034blob.png

It might be over-sensationalized, but can we say it's all BS without offering our own conclusive counter-science/proof? I doubt anyone on here would be so confident of their position of denial that they'd intentionally ingest lead to make a public point. There's a reason steel shot is required for waterfowl.

While I do use lead bullets, I'm also mindful of how I handle lead components. When cutting up game, I will waste a little meat rather than carelessly tossing it all in the grinder. That's me, but I've been in the medical arena enough to see what heavy metal toxicity can do to a person. The actual risk when something is ingested is a variable affected by age as well as by where/how/how much is in the body.

Of course, we can bring up all kinds of other factors that cause death to animals, and while those might be legitimate issues, to pretend this is a non-issue because something else might be a higher-risk issue is a bit of distraction and denialism.

There's also the side of it that if we shooters don't stay ahead of some of these issues, we lose in the end. By demonstrating that we care about the environment and act responsibly, we can help to mitigate some of the pressures we perceive as against us. 🤠