Lapua 1x fired brass....heavy bolt lift with a "click"

Interesting. I have a buddy having issues so I'll bring this up to him. He has Lapua, Nosler and Hornady brass. Is there any way to tell that the chamber was cut too small by brass dimensions?
IMHO yes but it's not easy. It's more of a guess. Most brass on 1x will expand to .531 and then size back to .5295. The chamber should be .532 so .001 spring brack. If the brass only expands to .530 and is tight or clicking I think it's a bad chamber. Some folks will polish vs ream and clean it up a bit.

How are the SD's and ES's with the Hornady brass?
For me, very very good. I have zero issue with PRC hornady brass, no prep, and not sorted. I consider good sd's to be in the singles over a larger sample group such as at least 10 shots and in some cases I have more than 100 on a string that I was using for data. I hate doing all that work so I just use data from load development and range time with the labradar and call it good. I've killed a pile of predators with the PRC from close in to 1200 and have a lot of confidence in the rifle and ammo. Me well, that's a different story.

So why are PRCs such problem children? Is it the case or the chamber?