My baby got a face lift!!

115vld

Guys my rifle started out as a Weatherby MkV Accumark in 257 Wby. It then got a Mcmillan A5 stock. Then a Lilja #7 still in 257 WBY. Now she has a Shillen #8 straight taper and is in 7mmWSM. I am running the 168 Berger @ 3080fps. I have the Tubb2000 break and his bubble level as you can see.
Rifle5.jpg

Rifle4.jpg

RIfle1.jpg

Rifle3.jpg

Business as usual

Rifle2.jpg

Yes that is a Tubb Break. It is very very effective. I shot 36 shots today and could have kept on going. It just doesnt kick at all! But she is a little noisy though:)

I did every thing but chamber it. My gunsmith trusts me with his stuff and he kind of lets me go as I please in his shop. He knows I might be going to gunsmithing school soon so he explains everything in detail to me so I can understand that much more.

I had the opportunity to shoot this rig before and after the face lift. It is very nice. The brake is without a doubt the most efficient I have ever seen and the trigger is straight up awesome (a bit lighter then I like in a field gun but still very nice).

Doesnt kick at all! That Tubb break sure does work. I just broke it in with cheap factory ammo the other day and cleaning every shot with sweets it was shooting around 1" to 1.3". I am going this afternoon to develop more loads. Will be running the 168 Berger With 68.5, 69, 69.5, and 70 gr of H1000.

Im really sorry I have not had time to put up the Alaska pics yet. It WILL get done next week sometime!! I almost dont want to write a story but just let the pics tell it.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.