Labradar vs magnetospeed v3

Labradar or magnetospeed

• Total voters

davidu

LRH Team Member
I have both
Both have good attributes and both have bad attributes that are well documented. There are workarounds for the problems both units possess.
I bought the MS first and a Wise Precision standoff. The standoff failed at a critical time resulting in a second sensor bullet ding. Now I own a worthless bayonet and a new bayonet
I bought a Labradar while waiting on the new bayonet.Then an sd card. Then a mini tripod. Then a recoil sensor. Then an aiming device. Then an extra battery.
My biggest issue is the Labradar can’t measure over 3900f/s
I still need the MS to chronograph my 204Ruger and 22-250Rem
All said and done my vote is for the MS due to cost and it’s ability to measure higher velocities

vortech347

I've had all three types and still have my Magneto speed and Labradar. Since getting the Labradar and buying a Piet recoil trigger the Magnetospeed sits in it's case.

The Magneto works just fine but it's a pain to swap between rifles and absolutely affects group sizes when attached and has a small affect on POI whether mounted to a suppressor or directly on the barrel. It's a good and reliable chrono but I could only use it for velo testing as group sizes and/or POI were affected.

I have an indoor range 1 mile from me and I occasionally go there for convenience and to shoot a ladder or fireform brass. I can't use my Labradar there because space is an issue. I take my Magneto those times.