Labradar LX - I guess they have an answer for the Garmin Zero. Maybe?

1. I see an aiming device on top. That's not a good sign.

2. I wonder if this is a working model or if they "threw" something together to announce since their sales are probably down 100%.

"Made in North America". What the heck does that mean??
Canada not china

View attachment 534464
Labradar LX

Labradar was the first to introduce Doppler Radar to the shooting sports at an affordable price. Continuing with its innovation we are proud to introduce a new model, Labradar LX. The LX is a compact Doppler Chronograph that contains the latest technology including:
  • Long lasting battery
  • Heavy duty metal case
  • Compact Design
  • Accuracy +/- 0.1%
  • Bluetooth enabled for App use
  • Weapon mountable
  • Velocity range of 65 - 5,000 fps
  • Ultra bright LCD display
  • Include tripod
  • Provides SD, ES, AVE, Min, Max, PF, Ke and one downrange velocity,
  • MADE IN NORTH AMERICA

Price: $599.95
I am glad Garmin came out with their chronograph I will keep mine. Labradar appears to have rested on their laurel's too long. Hopefully the LabRadar lighter and smaller entry will bring more innovation and lower the price.

View attachment 534464
Labradar LX

Labradar was the first to introduce Doppler Radar to the shooting sports at an affordable price. Continuing with its innovation we are proud to introduce a new model, Labradar LX. The LX is a compact Doppler Chronograph that contains the latest technology including:
  • Long lasting battery
  • Heavy duty metal case
  • Compact Design
  • Accuracy +/- 0.1%
  • Bluetooth enabled for App use
  • Weapon mountable
  • Velocity range of 65 - 5,000 fps
  • Ultra bright LCD display
  • Include tripod
  • Provides SD, ES, AVE, Min, Max, PF, Ke and one downrange velocity,
  • MADE IN NORTH AMERICA

Price: $599.95
Its OKAY TO SAY: MADE IN CANADA!!!!🤣

I have Garmin and really like it. I will say this, the temperature range that Garmin says it will operate in, is probably spot on. I used it yesterday in 16F, which is two degrees above the min of 14F Garmin lists in the manual. For 45 minutes of use, it drained a little more than I expected. It probably also didn't help that after my first shot, it told me an update was available.
I'm still happy with it though. It is not my Magneetospeed Sporter that I had to retighten on the barrel every 2-3 shots on most of my rifles.

Here you go Tim.

Thank you Mike! Great Info!

Now, for sure, this makes Garmin look even better if you can get downrange velocity to True BC.

True, the LR can do it from the bench w/o any danger of a bullet hitting the unit, but I was really surprised it worked.

Only question is, how far over or to the side was he shooting? How close to the unit to get it to work?

Thank you Mike! Great Info!

Now, for sure, this makes Garmin look even better if you can get downrange velocity to True BC.

True, the LR can do it from the bench w/o any danger of a bullet hitting the unit, but I was really surprised it worked.

Only question is, how far over or to the side was he shooting? How close to the unit to get it to work?
That's the 600 dollar question right there! 😂

Just a question. Why would you want to physically move your Chronograph from shooting station up to100 yds to get the velocity and walk back and forth when a Dopler Chronograph (Labradar) can do that from positioning it next to you shooting platform?
Yes, that is true. Hoping Garmin will fix this with a firmware update.

Sure like convenience and ease of use on Garmin. Now can get BC true w some extra leg work.....
Think I might still prefer Garmin unless truing BC ectensively all the time.