Krieger 4groove or Bartlein 5R for 7STW build?

Berger will be recommending a twist of 7.5 to 8 for the 195. I use to build many Weatherby 7mms to shoot the old Barnes 195 in Cold Alaska climates for those that wanted a long range Caribou and short range grizz package. The 1 in 8 always worked better. With a boattail and longer overall length I could reason that a 7.5 could be appreciated for a cold day and high barometer.

A 8 twist is great to use the old 175 Gameking Sierra and the 195 Original Barnes. pushed to the max with H4831 and H 870 respectively. You would not believe how the 195gr 7mm would crumple a Grizz faster than a 300 Win. No matter where you hit it, it was always a complete pass thru smashing every bone in its way. The point I am making is when the 195 Berger comes out it should be a killer if pushed at a reasonable velocity. That's only if Berger does not have the inherit thin peeling jacket problem that they have had in the past.

Berger will be recommending a twist of 7.5 to 8 for the 195. I use to build many Weatherby 7mms to shoot the old Barnes 195 in Cold Alaska climates for those that wanted a long range Caribou and short range grizz package. The 1 in 8 always worked better. With a boattail and longer overall length I could reason that a 7.5 could be appreciated for a cold day and high barometer.

A 8 twist is great to use the old 175 Gameking Sierra and the 195 Original Barnes. pushed to the max with H4831 and H 870 respectively. You would not believe how the 195gr 7mm would crumple a Grizz faster than a 300 Win. No matter where you hit it, it was always a complete pass thru smashing every bone in its way. The point I am making is when the 195 Berger comes out it should be a killer if pushed at a reasonable velocity. That's only if Berger does not have the inherit thin peeling jacket problem that they have had in the past.
Speaking with a tech. at Berger these bullets will be on the Hybrid designed jackets or should I say 195gr Match Hybrid targets.

Idaho elk hunter I did see a old post here while looking at Edds post and saw Eric Stecker was saying this was suppose to be a 195grn EOL Hunting Hybrid that Bryan Litz saying one would at least need a 8.5 twist, although it is a 2012 post things may have changed on the twist rate.... I feel the 8.5 will be optimal for this bullet.

Berger will be recommending a twist of 7.5 to 8 for the 195.

35 days ago you said this.....

HERE IT IS AGAIN!! The 7mm Berger bullet is not being produced.... It is not going to be produced..Everyone states it is due to they are to busy or Blah-Blah-Blah reason..Email them, The real answer is they do not value the 7mm caliber enough to buy or repair their equipment. The equipment and tools are dysfunctional and the 7mm that were in production is no longer. Let alone this 195 probably will never be. If your waiting for the 180 gr hunting bullet then I suggest to get over it and go to the Nosler 175ABLR or the 180gr Lapua. It pains me to say this but false hope is recognizable and can be perceived as stupid. I liked the 180 gr hunter and the Dinosaurs.

If you disagree, do not call them email them. Some will state they call and are given other reasons, I emailed no less than 8 times and the same reason every time:rolleyes:.

EDD..
Did you go to the shot show? Guess not. If you did you might be more in the loop and not be flying by the seat of your pants in the dark

That, out of the loop flying by the seat of your pants in the dark, comment has your name on it.

Remember Guys. With the 195 Bergers. We have been waiting and being told it will be soon for almost 3 years now. I so not holding my breath on seeing them anytime soon. I shoot 8.7 for the 180 hybrids at 4000-9000 feet. Has wkend perfect for 5 barrels now shooting a 7 LRM x2, one 7stw, 7Rem mag, and a 284 Win all with 26" hunting wt barrels.

Brian

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.