Few questions on a 7STW build.

R700

Going to start getting pieces together to start my 7STW build. Is there any benefit to going with 700 magnum action and a 700 Ultra magnum action? Going to have a blind box magazine and want to have the longest magazine box I can.

Any other lesson's learned on your prior builds or good advise is appreciated.

They are the exact same action. The only differences is that the RUM action has slightly wider feed rails, and a wider RUM magazine box & follower. They both have the same length magazine box, and all other dimensions are the same.

If you have a regular magnum action, go for it. A RUM action will work, as I have an STW built on a RUM action, but the regular magnum long action is what they were originally built on.

Thanks for the response MudRunner 2005. I was told the bolt stop was farther back on the ultra mag allowing you to eject a loaded round if your oal length is stretched out. Any truth to this? I know guys with magnum actions that milled the bolt stop farther back. Thought maybe the ultra mag action may avoid milling the magnum receiver bolt stop back?

Thanks for the response MudRunner 2005. I was told the bolt stop was farther back on the ultra mag allowing you to eject a loaded round if your oal length is stretched out. Any truth to this? I know guys with magnum actions that milled the bolt stop farther back. Thought maybe the ultra mag action may avoid milling the magnum receiver bolt stop back?

That is something I'm not sure of. But I'm sure there's someone on here that does know.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts