Kimber 84 Hunter Rifles

Thank you for the info! Hopefully this one isn't one of those, I am going to take it out tomorrow, I went through it already and corrected some things. I was a bit bewildered on the bolt size. Thanks again for the info.

I've never bought one, but I have worked up loads for one that my mate bought. Unfortunately, it was one of the one's with terrible QC as the barrel was threaded crooked to the action. I re-barreled it for him with a Hart I had laying around.
It shoots very well now.

Cheers.
This new model 21 nosler looks nice, comes with Shilen barrel, good trigger etc. Shoots good out of the box. Howa for the money is very hard to beat. Brownells carries the barreled actions. Many stocks available.

I've never bought one, but I have worked up loads for one that my mate bought. Unfortunately, it was one of the one's with terrible QC as the barrel was threaded crooked to the action. I re-barreled it for him with a Hart I had laying around.
It shoots very well now.

Cheers.

I owned one Kimber. It felt great and worked horribly. Wouldn't feed and wouldn't shoot. Sent it back and they said it was "built out of spec" and couldn't be repaired. They offered to sell me another one at a discount. I wasn't the original owner so they said the ONE YEAR warranty didn't apply. I've learned my lesson...I'll never own another Kimber.

I've owned over a dozen. Some have been great right out of the box, others have needed some tweaking, but after the tweaking they were great.
First one was a 8400 Classic in 7 WSM. Should never have some that one….

Took a 9pt with mine ProHunter All Weather (Bass Pro special) this year. It's 6.5CM all factory with a Leupold. It has been great at the range to break in and in the field its 1/1. Never had feeding issue and around 40 down the tube so far so cannot report on barrel life, but I'm pleased as punch with my Pandemic Purchase. Also much lighter than my Rem 700's so much prefer toting it around as opposed to others.

I've owned over a dozen. Some have been great right out of the box, others have needed some tweaking, but after the tweaking they were great.
First one was a 8400 Classic in 7 WSM. Should never have some that one….
Think I should bed the recoil lug out of the box? What tweaking did you commonly require?

Took a 9pt with mine ProHunter All Weather (Bass Pro special) this year. It's 6.5CM all factory with a Leupold. It has been great at the range to break in and in the field its 1/1. Never had feeding issue and around 40 down the tube so far so cannot report on barrel life, but I'm pleased as punch with my Pandemic Purchase. Also much lighter than my Rem 700's so much prefer toting it around as opposed to others.
I saw some of those, about $200 more. I would like to have a muzzle brake. I wonder if the regular hunter barrel is too thin to have threaded 5/8x24?

If you are not interested in a suppressor than you could also have it magna ported and avoid the threading altogether
Oh I have been interested in suppressors for many years. My state doesn't allow them. I also don't want to reduce the rifled portion of the barrel.

i have a kimber 84L in 3006, and with a 2-7x leupold and 55 grs imr 4350 and a 165 nosler BT it will keep 6 shots on a half dollar, but the first three will be sub moa. i am going to have the barrel cut to 20 " as it is my hump the hills deer rifle.