Joe Russo Laminate Stock

ceg1963

I just got my Joe Russo stock. I bought it from Davesoc, and it really rocks!

I immediately pillar bedded it, and can't wait for babies to set up.

It came fully inletted and without a finish or recoil pad. This is the best way IMHO, because it allows me to tinker further on her! It is incredibly lite weight.

I will keep ya'll posted along the way.

Joe Russo builds a gorgeous stock, even if I did get it secong hand! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Nope he doesnt have a site. You can hop over to precisionlongrangehunter and pick up the link for all your questions.

He can do just about all actions. If you have a special custom size/ contour you want, left hand, he can pretty much do it all and NO EXTRA COST!

The stock I sold Ceg wasnt able to accomodate what I needed. I placed a call to Joel. I am getting another A5 with a 3 X 2.5 thick forearm starting at the rear action screw.

This will be for an action sleeve/barrel block and have enough stock for support. The on I had just didnt have enough left over if I would have used it.

For 280.00 bucks and pretty much any configuration you want you cant beat the service or price.

All,

This is a poor attempt to showcase a great piece of work. But I think you can get the gist from these.

Notice the tight inletting.

I do an unorthodox method of glassing. I do it by phase. First it was the pillars. Second it was the receiver (with barrel screwed in for ref.) you can see that (stage) sloppy in the pic. Then after the barreled assembly is complete, I will glass the barrel to free float it.

I will do all of the initial glass work, then final contour sand to fit it to me. (This cleans up my messy efforts at the glassing... see pics!)

Notice the clean lines. Having toted McMillans around for years, I can tell you it closely resembles the A-5 with the great feel of wood.

More to follow. I will next hog out the forend to create a channel and lead/glass it up. Will make a very stable platform. I will also drill out the butt to place about 1 lb of weight.

404804.jpg

404806.jpg

404805.jpg

404807.jpg

i've been tring to tell you guys about these things for a while now. held a few of them in my hands and all i can say is, they are sweeeeet!

Thanks for all the kind remarks guys, it's nice to finally see pictures of my stocks. That is an A-5L with a 3" forearm that was specially ordered. Davosok was correct, there are about thirteen pages of info on the thread about the A-5L on precisionlongrangehunter.com. The reading should answer most of your questions.

Thanks for posting pics ceg1963.

Viper, no problems.

I love the modern tactical efficiency of the A-5 coupled with the touch of warm wood.

All I can say is brilliant and thanks!

I have been rubbing on her all day! I intend on updating this project as it comes to completion.

Dave was right... sweet!

charles

Received with thanks; great photos. I see ample room for adjustable butt plate; what can be done about comb height:
1, to clear bolt
2, to allow for tall rings and shoot "F" Class?
Looks great!. Overbore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Overbore,

if you need to see one in person i have one, and live on the east side of atl

d-a

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.