Isolated MagnetoSpeed Sensor Mount

Very innovative idea. What about fitting on different contour barrels with this bracket? Or would you have to have a custom bend for each contour? There seems to be a market for a stud mounted variant of your great idea, especially if it is contour adaptable. I would certainly be a buyer and there's a lot of Magneto-Speeds out there.

I have used my V2 mostly--before this adaptation--in the conventional strap-on way. I have shot a total of 30 shots using this Pickatinny mounted bayonet mount. My barrel is 31" to the five port DE brake and it's a Broughton 7.91 (their heaviest barrel). I cannot say there's been any change in POI or fps averages, but this is a small sample size so something different could come along. My imagination fails me as to what it could be at this point.

I am working on a spacer/stepped version that still works off the rail so I could use it on other rifles. I am also "cooking up" some way to deliver the same repeat-ability/consistency using the common QD stud. The latter has my imagination in overdrive...

From the looks of your prototype, my bet is that your imagination will win out. A spacer system on a stud is limited by length of stud, but a bolt welded, or somehow attached, to a sling/stud adapter would give it the needed spacer length. You're the genius, you'll figure it out. The parts may be robbed from a cheap bipod. Just a guess. Good luck on a helluva good idea.

I have used my V2 mostly--before this adaptation--in the conventional strap-on way. I have shot a total of 30 shots using this Pickatinny mounted bayonet mount. My barrel is 31" to the five port DE brake and it's a Broughton 7.91 (their heaviest barrel). I cannot say there's been any change in POI or fps averages, but this is a small sample size so something different could come along. My imagination fails me as to what it could be at this point.

I am working on a spacer/stepped version that still works off the rail so I could use it on other rifles. I am also "cooking up" some way to deliver the same repeat-ability/consistency using the common QD stud. The latter has my imagination in overdrive...

If you have not seen a B-Square type bi-pod mount you might take a look at one. I will try to find one if you can't an photo it since I have a couple.

I've not forgotten this project and there's been several hundred rounds shot over it in the Terminator. I have adapted it to my moose carry gun, a M70 in 270. When I return home I'll photograph the mods, but they're to the stock not the mount.

I did buy a cheap lever on-off base, but it's going back as it's way too sloppy. The MagnetoSpeed must be solid not only for accuracy, but for safety and consistency, not to mention damages as a result of unplanned up adjustment.

So I'm looking for the B-Square as WC suggests. While in Fairbanks I should take a good look at various swivel-stud adaptations; maybe I'll find one that may lend itself to my QR setup.

I have found a way that this unit can be manufactured and sold as a universal mount fixing to either--or both--Pickatinny or sling swivel stud. It will also be adaptable to just about any firearm, air gun, and if modified greatly, on crossbows, recurves, long, and compound bows.

Now I need to plan out the consistent manufacture process itself. There will be some tool investments right off, jigs to be made, and I'm afraid, testing (please don't throw me into that briar patch). It could be a year yet, but I will have it out there as I need to develop some form of income to replace former incomes.

Apparently there is a market for such a device. As always I sure appreciate commentary. Thank You

I have found a way that this unit can be manufactured and sold as a universal mount fixing to either--or both--Pickatinny or sling swivel stud. It will also be adaptable to just about any firearm, air gun, and if modified greatly, on crossbows, recurves, long, and compound bows.

Now I need to plan out the consistent manufacture process itself. There will be some tool investments right off, jigs to be made, and I'm afraid, testing (please don't throw me into that briar patch). It could be a year yet, but I will have it out there as I need to develop some form of income to replace former incomes.

Apparently there is a market for such a device. As always I sure appreciate commentary. Thank You

I wish you the VERY best in your endeavor! This seems like a great addition to me and I think it will take hold.........Rich

SWEET! Keep us updated. Depending on price, I might be able to get one of your first production run units for my MSv2, when they become available.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.