Is this natural or is this a dumb question

kc

I have never noticed this, but at 500 yards, I have noticed my 3006 after being fired it curves to the right about 5 inches. Is this a dumb question? it is very accurate at 200 yards.
no wind I have a feeling this is a real doozy of ignorance..
If you find this so, forgive me. PLEASE.

I have never noticed this, but at 500 yards, I have noticed my 3006 after being fired it curves to the right about 5 inches. Is this a dumb question? it is very accurate at 200 yards.
no wind I have a feeling this is a real doozy of ignorance..
If you find this so, forgive me. PLEASE.
My guess you are experiencing spin drift. That said 5" at 500yds seems a little excesive with out knowing what bullet, velocity,etc. etc.

Wow, great links from jimbires. So much good stuff on this site to help with my newest hobby. What a great insight to another important aspect to long range shooting and hunting. Looks like I need one more thing on my wish list (an add-on scope level).

I would bet that your scope is canted or your shooting form is canted. Your best bet is to buy a scope level.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.