Is there any saving a barrel with an off axis chamber?

You can absolutely make a bigger chamber. You would need Gordy rods to get the bore lined up straight and then use a boring bar and turn the old chamber away. If you dont the next reamer will follow the old chamber. The big issue is that when you chamber a barrel the receiver threads are cut on the same setup as the chamber. So even if you do straighten the chamber the threads are most likely cut non parallel to the bore also. Depending on how far off it is you can cut the threads just a bit smaller in diameter and cut a straight shoulder on it and when you tighten it up it will square up better. But it will never be perfect. I would definitely try snd find a load it likes because as someone else said some pretty jacked up stuff can still shoot good.

If you see the throat angle cut more on one side than the other, it is a problem. The issue is how much?

Typically, the chamber could be bored out after the bore is indicated in properly, then chambered.

Using a unithroater by hand is usually a disaster as you have to get it started perfectly straight in the bore, and keep it running straight.

I believe that I would re-cut the entire barrel aligned on the centerline; shorten chamber 1/2", then re-chamber. Slightly re-contour outer barrel also. This usually works very well.

I got a prefit barrel (2nd hand, so there was no sending it back) that I really like, except that the chamber was cut off axis. With a bore scope, I can see that the lands are not concentric.

It's currently chambered for 6.5 creedmoor. Is there any chance of saving it by reaming to a longer cartridge? 260AAR or 6.5-06 imp would certainly clean up the existing chamber and cut a new leade.

But will the reamer just follow the old chamber, or can the barrel be saved?
Trying to true it off the bore C/L will be tricky and you will have to go to a larger cartridge case diameter as well say 6.5 PRC? Sounds like Clod Bighammer was machining it that's not something a competent machinist would do. The dud ones don't know what they don't know

I believe that I would re-cut the entire barrel aligned on the centerline; shorten chamber 1/2", then re-chamber. Slightly re-contour outer barrel also. This usually works very well.
The OD of the barrel should be the same C/L as the rifling, supposedly it's the chamber that's off centre. You wouldn't need to touch the barrel OD yes shorten the chamber/barrel and re-machine the chamber although that would also be tricky as it's now offset so to true it up properly you have to go bigger diameter in the chamber. (Ex-machinist comment)

Setting the barrel up in the lathe so the bore is running true is simple. Even if it already has a chamber. The Gordy rods are long and go in way past the chamber. Very easy to use to dial everything up. But then you need to bore the old chamber out with a boring bar. So yes you would need to go to the next size case. Like a .284 win case or a PRC or WSM or my favorite the Saum case. Once you bore part of the old chamber out and its concentric the new reamer will cut straight. Nothing is difficult or hard to fix on this. The only issue is going to be the threads. Threading and chambering are done off the same setup. So if your chamber is not straight your tenon and shoulder are probably not straight either. But if you cant do it yourself or have a good machinist friend you are better off just getting a new barrel and having a reputable smith do it. Plus you can have the barrel put in the lathe and dialed in and run an indicator in the chamber to see how far it is out of concentric. Take 10 minutes to see. Pay the shipping I will check it for you for free.
Shep

Work off of the shoulder dia and taper of the case. Cut off enough to get you into fresh meat(neck length at a minimum), indicate the barrel in, bore to within .015 of the new shoulder dia and length, you will be good to go.

Picking up the thread is the only tricky part. The process is much easier if you can just cut the threads off, starting fresh.

Pulling an audit on another gunsmith's work is always interesting, especially if they chamber with a CNC.

Work off of the shoulder dia and taper of the case. Cut off enough to get you into fresh meat(neck length at a minimum), indicate the barrel in, bore to within .015 of the new shoulder dia and length, you will be good to go.

Picking up the thread is the only tricky part. The process is much easier if you can just cut the threads off, starting fresh.

Pulling an audit on another gunsmith's work is always interesting, especially if they chamber with a CNC.
CNC machines are brilliant operators are the issue