IS the 375 ruger a good long range caliber?

We need a rifle that shoots a lazer with a kill beam of light and zero recoil...but seriously good luck...1000 yds is just too far for this aging hunter to get the critter out thru the woods....does anyone on this forum have experience eating Black Bear meat ? The report I got was tastes like pork.

We need a rifle that shoots a lazer with a kill beam of light and zero recoil...but seriously good luck...1000 yds is just too far for this aging hunter to get the critter out thru the woods....does anyone on this forum have experience eating Black Bear meat ? The report I got was tastes like pork.

Mountain lions taste like pork. Bear tastes more like beef to me but it all depends on how you prepare & cook it.

Anyone got a favorite Bear meat recipe ? I have a smoker an Charcoal grill...I would like it to be very tender and taste like beef.
Slow down; you are all over the place here. I understand this is an old thread you revived after 11 years, but you do not have to exhaust all your excitement here. :DYou posted all your post counts here; 14 as I responded, L:cool:L. There is a bear hunting forum, a Cook's corner, and other forums to explore. Start a thread on the correct forum/sub-forum, and your query will have a better yield. Good luck and have fun with it.

Tastes like Raccoon to me.😁

I'd say that If .375 is the bore size, and longer range hunting is the intent, a 1:10" rum is probably the smallest case you would want to build on. And a build is basically required. There are no bench type rifles made in 375 huh, ruger, or rum. Minimum job of it is probably a rebarrel of another long action mag boltface rifle.

375 ruger is A great hunting rifle. If you are serious about a long legged 375 tho, I'd at least look at a rum.

Nevermind. I see this is like 10 years old and way off topic. :)

I just liked the idea of being able to knock a big bear sideways and I like ranges of 100 and 200 yds...375 mossberg patriot fit me like a Remington 700 used to soooooo i took the leap.

We've had spring bear all good.....one fall bear, very rank and had to throw it away. I think he was fatt'n up for winter in someones outhouse! 🤮

We used our spring bears the same as pork.....ground some and made breakfast sausage and tenderloin and backstrap treated like pork chops. I've said that if you blindfounded someone, told them it was pork....they probably wouldn't argue! 🤔 memtb

Thanks....sounds like my high school dating years hit or miss...
The Spring Bears have used up all their fat reserves , and start out on new grasses to jump-start their digestive systems! The fall bears are gorging on anything they can find to fatten-up for winter. They will eat anything.....often well-rotted carrion is what they find! memtb