375 Ruger Longest Range Load

So are you saying they are lying about the B.C., or that Barnes is actually much higher than what Barnes publishes it to be?
Check out the link I posted above (here it is again), and decide for yourself if "lying" is an appropriate word...

I've only tested two Badlands offerings, one in two rifles, one in another rifle, and both were 90% of quoted in all three rifles. Still quite good relative to similar weight Barnes LRX offerings, but not quite as magical as their specification page would suggest. Barnes has come out optimistic in my testing, but not outrageously so except for the 145 Match Burner (0.264).

Last edited:
Check out the link I posted above (here it is again), and decide for yourself if "lying" is an appropriate word...

I've only tested two Badlands offerings, one in two rifles, one in another rifle, and both were 90% of quoted in all three rifles. Still quite good relative to similar weight Barnes LRX offerings, but not quite as magical as their specification page would suggest. Barnes has come out optimistic in my testing, but not outrageously so except for the 145 Match Burner (0.264).
I had not seen that thread before. Very interesting and a lot of work to put it together. Thanks for the info.

Oooooh a classy cartridge choice! 😁

A good friend of mine has an old husqvarna 9.3x62. He loves it. Massive terminal thumping power and perfectly civil recoil in a standard sporter Weight. He doesn't do anything past 300-400 yards. And so he has absolutely zero use for magnum cartridges of any kind and, while intrigued by what I can make mine do, thinks I'm a tad silly having them haha. This rifle, his .308, his 204 ruger, and another old husky in 6.5x55 dictate that, unless he goes to Africa someday, he'll never need more guns to do anything that needs doing. But where's the fun in that???
Plenty of animals in Africa fall to the 9.3x62 as it is quite popular over there, especially for lions. But depending on the jurisdiction and regulations it may not qualify as a "dangerous game" round.

That's just a target gun so far. I put a night force 2.5x10 shv on my Ruger 375. It I just could have such fine cross hairs on it. Maybe I will put it back on one day. I actually bought the 375 over a 338 win years ago, thinking I could get close to the same trajectory out of the 375;)

When I had my .375-.338WM the bullets for long range were the 250 Sierra BTSP & 270 Speer BTSP. Both these should readily finish any deer - like a big hole thru the deer. Both bullets sort of shot like 165-168's out of a .308 and would work just fine up to myself imposed 400 yard range for shooting deers. Exciting audio & visual effects were achieved up to 500 yards on steel. H4350 worked real good. The .375 Ruger should get 100 fps & more speed.