Is the 7PRC really promoted as a long range caliber?

especially when they can't get the good out of a factory load!
Time and money wasted getting a man's gun to 3/8 moa when he can't do 5/8. and never shoots past 250yds

Agreed.

Forums attract a lot of handloaders, and only a handloader can point out the possibility of a Rem Mag vs a PRC going outside SAAMI spec and typical factory loads.

Hornady didn't make the PRC, Creedmoor, or ARC families for handloaders. There were already close wildcats to them, if not identical.

PRC is so the vast majority of shooters can go to the store and buy a rifle and ammo. They don't care about anything a handloader knows. That's why they compare typical factory loads.

In the end, the 7 PRC does exactly it says and is marketed to the masses.

If I have a friend who wants a 7mm and wants to shoot long range, I can tell them to buy 7 PRC. Heaven knows I am tired of trying to tell them stuff they don't care about and I am not going to load up ammo for their 7 Rem Mag…
I'd tell him to get a 7mm RM. that way when they go to the next best cartridge you can get the brass. :)

There's a custom, LW 7mm Defiance, in classified right now.Its less than components Cost and a shooter its a deal

I've had to take the rifle off my shoulder to fit through the brush no matter the barrel length as I grew up in the pacific north west and hope I never have to hunt in a brush pile like that ever again. I more associate long range with wide open country I am blessed to hunt in now.

Sure can find the branches. 😁
It sure does if carried muzzle up!!! Especially with a 7" suppressor on top of it!!!!

I switched to muzzle down carry and solved the issue. Thank goodness I am 6'2" or it would have been dragging the ground, ahhahaha.

Was actually easier to bust brush and to keep on my shoulder too. With a suppressor and a piece of tape over the end cap, I don't worry about plugging the bore like I do with a straight barrel. Never had a problem with it, and if it does hit the ground, the suppressor flatter so it doesn't drive in like a tent stake.

Hopefully there no mud. I can see if hunting Varmint. I do have one suppressor but it's 10" long. I have a 30" barrel length on one rifle, and most of my rifles are 26" long. I am or was 6-3 now about and 1" shorter. you can carry, but not me. Any new rifles that I have built are threaded for the suppressor.