Is the .17WSM dead?

..unfortunately we all know too well the risks associated with anything new in the shooting world... many of the cartridges introduced over the last two decades may not be dead but they certainly are on life support...sure glad I unloaded my safe and kept only those time tested and hunter approved cartridges...

Hey all, just curious…is Winchester's 17 WSM rimfire cartridge gone or going the way of the dodo? I haven't seen ammo for it ANYWHERE for a long time now. My local gun store is sitting on a bunch of savage B mags they can't convince anyone to buy because there's no ammo to feed the dang things (also they suck in my opinion, that rear locking action, the weird ergonomics, just all in all not savages best work and some of their worst).

I notice no one else is really SERIOUS about offering rifles, especially entry level affordable every-man rifles, in that chambering. And it's been years now. Is that telling us something?
I agree on it not being one of Savages better works. I won one in a raffle and had it for a while. It was the light barrel version. Loved the cartridge but not the rifle. Pretty cheesy made. Kind of like some of the Savages of yesteryear. And it didn't shoot that well. Was always throwing fliers. Was always hoping some other company would come out with a rifle chambered in it. Or Savage would build a better one.

I just ordered a CZ 457 WMR from Sportsman Fulfillment for $554 + $15 Shipping. I also ordered 7 Boxes of Ammo from MIDWSAY USA to see what brand shoots best in it. The average was about $15.00 per box, Sine it was my up and coming birthday, they also gave me $75 off my order combined with a few other things I added. so the ammo actually cost me about $10 per box of 50..
If you are in the TULSA, OK area, there is a big gun so starting in a few days. FRI, SAT, & Sun I think it is.
I LOVE the CZ's. All of mine are Bull (Heavy Barrels) .22, .17 HMR, and now my .22 WMR coming in. All Tack drivers, all shooting out over 200 yards.

I think Volquartsen stopped making their 17WSM. I had one in 17 HMR and it kept blowing up brass and extractors so I got rid of it. Franklin Arsenal makes one on an AR style platform. I hear it shoots very accurate, but it's pricey. I have the Ruger 77 in 17 WSM and love it. If I could buy another, I would think hard about getting the Franklin. Ammo is still hard and expensive to get.