Is my new adjustable gas block bad?

Just did a rebarrell on my AR308. Decided to put a new Superlative adj gas block on it. Have used many different adj blocks on ar15 and ar10 in the past. Setting up this one is a bit different, to say the least. The gas pressure adjustments call for tuning excess gas out, not just blocking/limiting it. Followed directions by the letter. Even called the company tech line twice to make sure I was doing it right. So I pulled it off and put my old adj block on it. The old one works fine. The reason I wanted to try this one is to reduce the fouling problem standard adj gas blocks incur. The Superlative is supposed to vent excess gas out, not limit the gas via constricting it. Bottom line is this, has anyone had experience with this specific gas block? And did you have tuning issues? What did you do to get it running correctly? Is it possible I got a lemon???
Have you contacted Superlative?
What do they tell you?

I have built at least 25-30 AR guns in the past. Never had trouble till this one. I measured and confirmed the correct parts. Including the right length gas tube, rifle length dpms type. I have torn down and quadruple checked everything in the chain. I'm more than sure. I also confirmed the gas key seal, torque, and alignment. I removed the gas key and made sure it was flat. Then I use a tiny amount of Permatex brown carb sealer to ensure no leaks. Been doing this for years with no issues. Gas tube and gas block alignment is spot on. As always, I torqued the gas key screws and staked them. I'm stumped. I think I got a bad one.
C-130
I didn't think this was your first rodeo my friend, sounds like you are correct, with that said; perhaps it's a bad ID gas in the tube(s) area?? just a stab. Good luck. Cheers.

C-130
I didn't think this was your first rodeo my friend, sounds like you are correct, with that said; perhaps it's a bad ID gas in the tube(s) area?? just a stab. Good luck. Cheers.
I thought about that too. I pin gaged the tube and checked for a crimp, defect, tube length, and gas hole diameter. Also checked the carbon shadow on the barrel when I took the gas block off to start finding the problem. Everything seems ok. Either Im missing something really evident or its a dud. I think I'm sending it back to Superlative. Im done here. Thanks for helping me stay honest!

I thought about that too. I pin gaged the tube and checked for a crimp, defect, tube length, and gas hole diameter. Also checked the carbon shadow on the barrel when I took the gas block off to start finding the problem. Everything seems ok. Either Im missing something really evident or its a dud. I think I'm sending it back to Superlative. Im done here. Thanks for helping me stay honest!
C-130,
Yeah, I think that is the path too take, sounds like you've done everything, but... wave a dream catcher and bone bag over it. 😤 Good luck, Cheers

Let us know the results please. Best regards Lyle

I'll also use/force air by 1 or both ways.
1. I'll close off the chamber and used compressed air going from the gas tube in the upper so it vents towards the barrel.
2. I'll use compressed air and block off both ends of the barrel (muzzle end open just enough for the air tube to be inserted) and force air out towards the gas tube venting out of the upper.
3. This is for adjustable gb's
Dissamble the gb, plug chamber end, force air from the adjustment side as to know if air is coming out gas port and/or gas tube of the upper.

The amount and sound can tell you that it's aligned properly.

What can also happen is if the gb is not at 12 o'clock and slightly off the gas tube can bind in the gas key causing drag. To check remove the bcg and see if the tube sits centered in the upper. You can also have the chargehandle emplace and move it back and forth and check for contact or lack there of.

I'll also use/force air by 1 or both ways.
1. I'll close off the chamber and used compressed air going from the gas tube in the upper so it vents towards the barrel.
2. I'll use compressed air and block off both ends of the barrel (muzzle end open just enough for the air tube to be inserted) and force air out towards the gas tube venting out of the upper.
3. This is for adjustable gb's
Dissamble the gb, plug chamber end, force air from the adjustment side as to know if air is coming out gas port and/or gas tube of the upper.

The amount and sound can tell you that it's aligned properly.

What can also happen is if the gb is not at 12 o'clock and slightly off the gas tube can bind in the gas key causing drag. To check remove the bcg and see if the tube sits centered in the upper. You can also have the chargehandle emplace and move it back and forth and check for contact or lack there of.
If I disassemble it, Superlative won't touch it. When I started this road, I took it off and soaked it for 3 days in solvent. No joy. And blew air everyway possible through it. This gb is new, only 75 rds through it. Please read all my efforts from my posts. I've tried everything you mentioned. Thanks for keeping me honest though. I'm sending it back next week. I'm done with it!

If I disassemble it, Superlative won't touch it. When I started this road, I took it off and soaked it for 3 days in solvent. No joy. And blew air everyway possible through it. This gb is new, only 75 rds through it. Please read all my efforts from my posts. I've tried everything you mentioned. Thanks for keeping me honest though. I'm sending it back next week. I'm done with it!
I've been thru the post from page 1 and just added the above for good measure. Not just for you but whomever has come across issues with gb's.

Ordering a SLR next week. Fix this crap!
They've been my go to also. My 2nd choices have been Odin and AP for adjustable styles with good luck. The POF's are different as they come with the tube installed and can't be used any other way. I have them on 3 different gas lengths (none are pistol length) and work well.