Is Gunwerks Brass made by ADG?

I know a guys wife who works for Nosler he said its all made in house by Nosler.
It makes total sense why they would by a brass company right before they introduce the Nosler line.
Interesting-- as right on noslers own web page it says that ssa brass is only available in 6 cartridges--- the ssa facility is nowhere near large enough to make all of noslers brass. I know a guy who supposedly has an email directly from nosler that says they now make about 60% of their own brass but hope to eventually make it all. I guess its all speculation unless we can get confirmation in writing -- which i doubt will happen.

Last edited:
Yeah, all im going off of is what this guy told me what his wife claims.
Tooling can be added easily enough.
Doesn't make much business sense either to have somebody make something that you already have the facility, but that being said I don't get some of the things Nosler did anyway when they speced there freebore on the 30 and 28 other than to fit there 3.4 action.
They introduced the 20 Nosler to saami about 4 years ago put out load info but still don't make brass or ammo for it, WTH

Last edited:
Tooling can be added easily enough.
Doesn't make much business sense either to have somebody make something that you already have the facility, but that being said I don't get some of the things Nosler did anyway when they speced there freebore on the 30 and 28 other than to fit there 3.4 action.
They introduced the 20 Nosler to saami about 4 years ago put out load info but still don't make brass or ammo for it, WTH
I did notice that nosler now has 2 different boxes for their brass-- the old "nosler brass" box, and a new "nosler premium brass" box--- some people say that the new box says "made in the usa"
And then they also have the "SSA" line, and a "non-preped bulk" line also.

I know several who swear Nosler brass is the bomb, and others who swear it's junk.
Plus, I have tossed scores of once-fired Federal 223 that had split necks.
ADG didn't get their reputation from marketing. My hair's on fire. Er, wait....

Returning to the OP, yes. Asked and answered elsewhere.

That could go south quickly.

Companies never want to admit where they source products from. Two years ago I was in the Norma booth at a trade show and was speaking the top Norma person at the show from thier headquarters. He got a phone call and excaused himself. When he returned to finish our consversation he told me the call was from Nosler and he told me "we" being Norma supply thier brass. Maybe he was lying to me... or maybe not. DD62

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.