Made My longest Poke on an Antelope Today

That's cool as hell, nice job Jeff !!!

Now, what I really want to know is are you going to stay with the 215's or are you going to switch back to the 230's?????

That's cool as hell, nice job Jeff !!!

Now, what I really want to know is are you going to stay with the 215's or are you going to switch back to the 230's?????

I am sticking with the215 for a while. The accuracy is awesome. But at this point I only recommend them for antelope nd small deer untill I see more from them.

Jeff

Jeff, I think I read you're jumping them 40 thou. Is that just what your gun likes or do you have to jump them that far to still get your OAL to cycle thru the magazine? I'm not suggesting 40 thou is a long jump but its more than I typically hear about with Bergers, even the hybrid designs. Just curious.

Jeff, I think I read you're jumping them 40 thou. Is that just what your gun likes or do you have to jump them that far to still get your OAL to cycle thru the magazine? I'm not suggesting 40 thou is a long jump but its more than I typically hear about with Bergers, even the hybrid designs. Just curious.

-.040" was my starting point with this bullet and they shot great there right off the bat. So I went with it and never looked back. The first group was .190" I have room to seat them where ever I want just seen no reason to look further.

Jeff

Great Job Jeff ! I knew it wouldnt be long and you would have some nice Long range pics up for us ! Tomorrow morning Im heading out to find a nice long range hunting spot . Seeing your thread really fires me up gun)
Good Job again and hopefully we'll see some Long range Elk pics just around the corner from you.......

Good goin'!!!

I have my 12" gong @ 1255 yds behind the house. Will start dinging it after the cattle are moved.

Till then I gotta go to the hills. Taking a newbie there tomorrow to work up his drop chart to at least 1200 yds.

The shooting spot is one of my better ambush spots though only Antlered elk are open and both of us shooting have cow tags. Such is the way my life goes.:rolleyes:

Nice going Jeff:)
We never get to hunt in flat country like that. Do you ever hear the sound of the hit come back on the flats like that? I shot a hind (doe) at long range yesterday testing the new Burris Eliminator Laserscope III that was standing on top of a little side ridge, with the main face a further 400 yards behind it. She was hit square in the shoulder which would normally produce a good "whack" sound back, but I heard nothing other than the echo of the shot. I presumed not having a steep hillside right behind the animal meant there was nothing to reflect the sound of the hit back. If this was the case then you wouldn't hear the sound of the hit very well on the flats either? What do you think?
Greg

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.