Longest Rifle Shot Ever Made

Hitting a 12x12 or 20x20 square target isn't that impressive to me. Not saying it's easy or it's something that can be done on the first shot but it's still an awfully big target. I'd like to stretch one way out one day but I think I'd like to keep the target down to no bigger than a 24" square. If that means I can only go to 2000 yards or thereabouts than so be it. But trying to hit the side of a barn doesn't appeal to me

I feel if the target was 40" that is fair. That is a shade over a minute, which in my eyes is impressive. You are still holding a minute after the bullet going back through the sound barrier again.

I have to agree. Hitting the side of a barn is not exactly hitting your target. Now after they got on target then put 3 or so in a 40 or so inch group I would be happy.

When we were out it took some shooting and spotting to get on target but once on target we could keep 50% or more on the mound which I would say is around 30". We were very happy with the outcome because we had no idea of what would happen at that distance it was a "lets try it and see what happens". We knew we were undergunned with a wsm but that's what we had.

They never said how far that's true but I've some good friends that are serious black powder cartridge shooters and its AMAZING what can be done with iron sights and sharps rifle. The rifle in the video is not a sharps I believe its a Winchester low wall.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.