Is "Big Green Slipping?

Since I have neither the tools or knowledge I'm not able to QC it but, I'm assuming a quality (key word quality) smith would check the action...yes? or atleast I hope.

Since I have neither the tools or knowledge I'm not able to QC it but, I'm assuming a quality (key word quality) smith would check the action...yes? or atleast I hope.

That should be the first thing he should do in order to supply his customer with the best
rifle possible. The action is the base that you build on and it has to be good to get a good
Quality rifle.

If you build Quality in you get Quality performance.

Also he should check "every" component for defects or poor workmanship if he wants to
produce a Quality product.

I find Custom components that are out of "My" acceptance range all of the time and if I
can't fix them I send them back for a better one.

Just my opinion.

J E CUSTOM

If I find Custom components that are out of "My" acceptance range all of the time and if I can't fix them I send them back for a better one.

Couldn't agree more.

I have purchased three low-end Remy's (SPS) over the past five years. In each case, none of them would hold MOA @ 100 yds. Sold both of them. My last Rem was a model 7 in .243 Win. I couldn't get it to group better than 1.75 MOA. I changed out the stock for a B & C and bedded the action; adjusted the x-mark pro trigger - nothing helped. as a last resort, I tried Tubb's bullet lapping system (which closed the groups up to 1.5 MOA. There are several tight spots in the barrel. I have a new custom barrel on order from Brux. Anymore, when I buy a Remy, I'm not buying a rifle....I'm buying a donor action :)

Once you get the new Brux barrel let us know whether that helped it group any better. Have you thought about having any work done to the action?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.