Is 300 SAUM dead?

Brass is a little tricky to find.... but can be had if you are patient. Norma or remington are both decent.

I talked a buddy into building one and Dallas Lane built him one. Absolute tack driver.

I've had one for about 20 years. Model 7 that i put into a boyd thumbhole stock. With 150 grain ballistic tips or sierra game kings it has killed probably 20 deer and bears total with myself and nephews now mostly using it.

I don't think one animal has flinched after being hit.

I agree... the saum rounds are really tough to beat

Brass is a little tricky to find.... but can be had if you are patient. Norma or remington are both decent.

I talked a buddy into building one and Dallas Lane built him one. Absolute tack driver.

I've had one for about 20 years. Model 7 that i put into a boyd thumbhole stock. With 150 grain ballistic tips or sierra game kings it has killed probably 20 deer and bears total with myself and nephews now mostly using it.

I don't think one animal has flinched after being hit.

I agree... the saum rounds are really tough to beat
Thanks, if they have a few boxes of ammo I might cave 🤣

Maybe not yet……but, destined for the graveyard with many other Remington cartridge attempts. To name some …..8 Rem Mag., 17 Remington, 350 Rem. Mag., and several of their SAUM.

This not to say that these were bad cartridges…..they just didn't receive enough public support to make them a viable cartridge for a lengthy existence with factory ammo being produced.

Not just attacking Remington…..the Winchester Super Short Magnum series was a debacle of epic proportions! memtb

Last edited:
What is ironic a few years ago brass was readily or more available for the 300 and less for the 7 and folks were sizing the 300 brass down to the 7. Now it is just the opposite since there appears to be a resurgence in the 7 SAUM. Maybe have to size UP.

Hey ADG …… we need Brass for All 3 of the SAUM's PLEASE. 🙏

I started another thread to seek support to keep the SAUM's alive.

Last edited:
Also, is necking up 6.5 or 7'saum
Brass possible? Or this is one of those Remington brilliant ideas like 300 RUM and 338 RUM?
I'm necking up ADG 7 SAUM to make my 300 SAUM Improved. 185 Juggernaut is seated at 2.950. Can use M5 mags or Hawkins Hunter mags and have room for growth if needed.

IMG_4388.jpeg

IMG_0725.jpeg