Iowa Man Killed While Coyote Hunting

Prayers for the families.
For this story is why I don't hunt with others unless we hunt together. If I take someone with me hunting Hogs, Yotes, Chucks we always hunt together as a team. Spotter/Shooter. I also only hunt with someone I know and trust.
This is a tragic story.

It is bad when another hunter shoots you by accident, but when a member of your hunting party shoots you WOAH!
All comes down to people that should not be allowed to be around firearms and hunting.

When I was a young boy my dad was deer hunting. He rested his back against a tree after walking in the snow, when he started to slide down to sit the bark on the tree exploded right where his head was. It was a bullet that some idiot shot. My father started yelling, shot in the air and hit the ground. About 100 yards away he saw someone running through the woods. Never did catch the guy.

HOW CAN YOU MISTAKE A HUMAN FOR A DEER, COYOTE, WOODCHUCK.
The amount of hunting accidents while bird hunting is unbelievable.

My father took me hunting on a Pheasant Hunting Reserve in north PA the first day of bird season when I was 12. I had bird shot pellets hit me in the back. Luckly the pellets went through a lot of corn stalks. I had a canvas hunting vest on and a thick coat on. None of the pellets penetrated my skin but did leave red marks.

He was a friend of mine. They were hunting with thermals. Mark was a great person....always involved in community. He thoroughly promoted the shooting sports. He owned our local gun store and boat sales and repair. Golf carts also. He will be greatly missed. Prayers for the guy who pulled the trigger. I talked to mark's business partner....he said the guy is having a really bad time with the accident. Keep prayers coming for all parties

Ugh. Sorry to hear that.

Was having a hard time wrapping my head around the minimal detail given in the article. But the thermal hunting variable makes sense, quick shooting on blurry targets in poor or no light. Have done one hunt like that, can easily see how it could happen if separated.

Definitely be a lesson to have ever present next time for us all.

Thoughts and prayers for all involved.