Coyote killed my dog.

Cats. They work great.

Ours could never survive a night outside so I went on a 10-year coyote shoot. Killed 77 over that time on two small ranches just north of the house.
I remember years ago Outdoor life (I believe) had and article of a family that would take the kittens on the farm and keeping the warm and comfortable. When they were ready to hunt, they would hold a kitten and she would cry and in effect call the Coyotes in. Once the kitten got used to being held, they would put it back with the rest and pick up another.

I remember their success rate to be high and no pets were harmed.

I remember years ago Outdoor life (I believe) had and article of a family that would take the kittens on the farm and keeping the warm and comfortable. When they were ready to hunt, they would hold a kitten and she would cry and in effect call the Coyotes in. Once the kitten got used to being held, they would put it back with the rest and pick up another.

I remember their success rate to be high and no pets were harmed.
I had a tom cat raised from a kitten that someone threw in a field in New Mexico. Took him home and raised him to adulthood. The crazy cat insisted on being an outside cat. He would go on 3 day missions in the high plains desert of New Mexico summer and winter. He would go out with snakes, coyotes and other cats. He would come a little beat up sometimes but nothing serious. He did this for years. How he survived coyotes and other creatures I do not known but he lived till he was 20. He either was really smart or so crazy the coyotes were afraid of him. sure was a memorable cat. He even raised two puppies. Daddy was a tom cat.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.