Interesting test on top tier scopes.

Casscade

Thread on SH is interesting on some of the top tier scopes of today. Leupold is holding its own as well as NF, which isn't surprising. They seem to have had a few nice surprises, that said it also looks like they may have gotten a few duds, happens even in the best scopes and binoculars. I've seen it more times that I'd like for the kind of coin they ask for these things.

Last edited:
Looks like this data is getting old
B1842346-7905-4CB0-B3F1-5E49D0BC99A4.png

Is there still any love for the nxs I am on my third one tracking has always been Flawless which is the only thing I care about my eyes are getting old but for the money in the country I live in at 3000 bucks each it's all I can afford I'm willing to sacrifice clarity for tracking as I only shoot mid afternoon anyway

Is there still any love for the nxs I am on my third one tracking has always been Flawless which is the only thing I care about my eyes are getting old but for the money in the country I live in at 3000 bucks each it's all I can afford I'm willing to sacrifice clarity for tracking as I only shoot mid afternoon anyway
I sold mine once I played with my leupold vx6. I loved the nxs but the leuy came out ahead for a hunter for sure.

My reply on the hide as follows and it's just my two cents. YMMV!:

Accuracy of turret movement, is 1/4 MOA or 1/10 MIL adjustment truly those values & Repeatability after changing elevation and windage, return to zero as what you would see in a box test would need to be in it for me. Personal opinion. I could have the best glass as one would interpret from the results, but it would not be worth a dime if the scope could not maintain repeatability and accuracy of measurement when making changes to the windage or elevation turrets. My two cents worth and I think Cal at Precision Rifle blog had a pretty good evaluation several years ago on his site.

Thanks for posting this. It's refreshing to see a structured, "objective" approach to comparing the clarity between these scopes. While clarity isn't the only attribute I look for in a scope, it's pretty high up on the list given my old eyes.
Strange. I don't see March in the list🤔

Thread on SH is interesting on some of the top tier scopes of today. Leupold is holding its own as well as NF, which isn't surprising. They seem to have had a few nice surprises, that said it also looks like they may have gotten a few duds, happens even in the best scopes and binoculars. I've seen it more times that I'd like for the kind of coin they ask for these things.

Thanks for the info

Recent Posts