Inspect new brass.

BuckyFan69

This was in a bag of new Win brass I got from Midway a couple years ago and opened yesterday. Seen new brass with split necks but never this. 325wsm

Attachments

• 0303130945.jpg
    0303130945.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 49
This was in a bag of new Win brass I got from Midway a couple years ago and opened yesterday. Seen new brass with split necks but never this. 325wsm

I've seen several other problems with new Win brass, but that's a first for me too.

I bought a bag of Remington brass a few years ago and just now opened it only to find a half dozen pieces that had been smashed plus a few pieces of scrap paper. I guess quality control ain't what it used to be.

I just bought some new 7mm-08 Win brass and 3 of the case necks were way to small. As in not even close small. I had to run it through an expanding iron just to full length size them. I have never seen that before. I hope they are not compromising quality because the demand is out of control.

These things are the exact reason that I also take cartridge selection into consideration when I buy a rifle or start a build. It's Lapua or Norma brass for me. Anneal them and they will last a long time.

Winchester .243 brass bag of 100. Most of them the flash hole was punched out of center. Even found a .243 in that bag with a .308 head stamp. Wonder how that happened?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts